PDA

View Full Version : Bad news..

Lee
06-26-2007, 09:57 AM
My dog nitro estimated at 6 or 7 years old (german shepard mix) is sick. Vomiting, diahreha, having some problems getting to her feet with her back end. I was told this was symptoms of kidney failure. Just got back from vacation yesterday and she was full of energy. Have to take her to the vet later I hope for the best.

Stefan-A
06-26-2007, 10:48 AM
I'm sorry to hear that. :(

stonyloam
06-26-2007, 11:01 AM
Hope your pup starts feeling better.

adamanteus
06-26-2007, 12:15 PM
Fingers crossed for you and Nitro.

drache
06-26-2007, 01:49 PM
Hope Nitro's gonna be okay
I don't think kidney failure comes on so suddenly
usually there are signs
I hope it's nothing serious
best wishes

KITKAT
06-26-2007, 04:31 PM
My dog nitro estimated at 6 or 7 years old (german shepard mix) is sick. Vomiting, diahreha, having some problems getting to her feet with her back end. I was told this was symptoms of kidney failure. Just got back from vacation yesterday and she was full of energy. Have to take her to the vet later I hope for the best.

Hi

I take it that a vet did not tell you this was kidney failure! It sounds more to me like something else, and could be several different things... I hope you get Nitro to the vet very soon!

chris87
06-26-2007, 05:06 PM
good luck, hope everything is ok, fingers crossed for you

Snaky
06-27-2007, 02:31 AM
Good luck, I hope it's nothing serious.

Lee
06-27-2007, 09:09 PM
Internet said kidney failure related to that bad food scare, since she was on a different food thought it might be that. Diet change + over excersion + restless nights with other dogs barking + stress she just was a little too active, she is on some anti inflamitory medication and shes back to normal. Yay!

KITKAT
06-27-2007, 09:16 PM
Internet said kidney failure related to that bad food scare, since she was on a different food thought it might be that. Diet change + over excersion + restless nights with other dogs barking + stress she just was a little too active, she is on some anti inflamitory medication and shes back to normal. Yay!

Gotcha on the pet food. I lost a cat to kidney failure a few months ago, and we were afraid it was the food, but turned out to be that she was born with only one kidney, and when she got older (8) and her kidneys were weaker, she could not continue on just one.

Glad to hear that this was something different. Kidney failure (the regular kind) usually causes dehydration, and your dog's symptoms sounded different from that.

Glad to hear things are better now!:D

drache
06-28-2007, 06:56 AM
glad to hear Nitro's better

stonyloam
06-28-2007, 07:30 AM
Good news :)!!!!!