PDA

View Full Version : trading?

garterman07
07-09-2007, 06:27 PM
can some one tell me how to trade snakes. like if i had a wisconsin t.s.s. and wanted to trade that for a t. radix how would i go about doing that?

(i'm not thinking of tadeing rico ever, its just really want to get a hold of a t.radix)

ssssnakeluvr
07-09-2007, 06:30 PM
I have some t radix (mutliple hets for different albinos) ......might consider some trading....:D

garterman07
07-09-2007, 06:50 PM
maybe. i can probably get ahold of another t.s.s. from east wisconsin. :)

but idk how to do tradeing, gotta look into it more as to how its done.
but where does t.radix come from?

ssssnakeluvr
07-09-2007, 06:51 PM
throughout central U.S......

garterman07
07-09-2007, 06:56 PM
lol i know...bout the only thing in wisconsin garterwise...too far away to try for butlers. but let me tell ya wisconsin has quality tss :) lol.

do you think a pet shop could order one pretty cheap?

ssssnakeluvr
07-09-2007, 07:07 PM
I believe there is a small population of Butler's there...they are protected tho... you probably could, but it could be pricey depending on the shop. Scott Felzer has them, not sure if he would trade tho....

sschind
07-10-2007, 06:40 AM
It is illegal to sell Tss or Tr in Wisconsin as both are native. I don't know about trading, I don't recall reading anything about that on the DNR sheet I got but I lost it so I can't say for sure. What really sucks is that the state only takes their ID to the species level, they make no allowances for subspecies. That means that legally I can not sell any T. sirtalis subspecies even if they are not found in Wisconsin. A friend of mine got in trouble for selling some Texas Barred Tiger Salamanders even though they are a different subspecies than the Easterns found in this state. you might want to check out the Wisconsin DNR website to be sure.

garterman07
07-10-2007, 04:18 PM
yeah i know butlers are protected i caught 2 in a day and i was pretty pumped, then i let em go and took some pics. i'm going to look up on that i never knew i couldn't sell tss in wisconsin cause they're native. but the whole thing about not being able to sell sub forms is really absurd...

ssssnakeluvr
07-10-2007, 06:17 PM
a lot of local laws everywhere are absurd!!!!!