PDA

View Full Version : Melanistic Plains garters

GarterGuy
07-13-2007, 12:40 AM
Hi all,
Just was cruising around the web, on the look out for snakes, and noticed a guy on Fauna Classifieds has CBB baby melanistic Plains garters for sale. Can't say I've ever seen them before, guess they pretty much look like any other of the melanistic garters. Anyways, I'm checking to see if they actually are T.radix or not, but they're not very expensive, so thinking about picking up a pair. Just thought I'd let everyone know in case someone would be interested.:D

Roy

Daniel
07-13-2007, 04:39 AM
Hey Roy,

Iīm pretty sure that those animals arenīt melanistic plains but normal melanistic easterns. Especially if you have a look on those ads of the same guy:

FaunaClassifieds Ads - Gravid female eastern Plains Garter snake - Powered by PhotoPost Classifieds (http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/pp_classifieds/showproduct.php?product=31374&sort=1&cat=500&page=1)

FaunaClassifieds Ads - Melanistic Eastern Garter Snake. - Powered by PhotoPost Classifieds (http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/pp_classifieds/showproduct.php?product=31252&sort=1&cat=500&page=1)

Seems to be just a confusion about the right names of the snakes.

Best wishes,

Daniel

ssssnakeluvr
07-13-2007, 09:55 AM
if youi look at the other babies in the group shot, they are easterns....as far as I know there are no melanistic plains, just anerythristics...

GarterGirl
07-13-2007, 03:49 PM
Just thought I'd let everyone know in case someone would be interested.:D

Thanks Roy
i will ask my mom when she comes back from 'Seido Summer Camp'.:D

drache
07-16-2007, 06:39 AM
Thanks Roy
i will ask my mom when she comes back from 'Seido Summer Camp'.:D

Spatz
I think we're already getting more than enough snakes this summer
I know you want them all and on some level so do I, but . . .
when you help more, then we can consider more critters

Lulu Bennett
07-16-2007, 07:08 AM
'spatz' lol awww bless your in trouble tho lol

Sputnik
07-16-2007, 07:17 AM
Spatz

Awww, I haven't heard that for ages. I used to call my daughter and her dad "Spatz" or "Spatzl" for ages. :)

It means "sparrow" for anyone who'd like to know.

Stefan-A
07-16-2007, 07:30 AM
It means "sparrow" for anyone who'd like to know.

I looked it up before I read your entire post. :D Read the first line, looked it up. I really need to learn to pay attention. :D

Lulu Bennett
07-16-2007, 07:45 AM
ahhhh cool!

Josh
07-16-2007, 09:37 AM
I don't know that much about names but i never heard of a melanistic plains. I only heard of Anerytheristics

ssssnakeluvr
07-17-2007, 08:34 PM
as far as I know, there are no melanistic plains...look at the group pic...some normals in there...eastern garters!!!!!!

GarterGuy
07-17-2007, 11:47 PM
Yeh, the other ads that they have listed really makes me wonder. Think I'm going to pass on these. Heck there's enough people here with babies to fill my cages.:D And at least I know I can trust you guys.:cool:

Roy