PDA

View Full Version : She's gone away :(

GarterGirl
07-13-2007, 03:40 PM
Drache has gone away to a summer camp called seido summer camp where you do karate.
She wont be back until Sunday afternoon (the day after tomorrow)
just to let you know.

adamanteus
07-13-2007, 03:42 PM
Will you miss her? Even though it's only a couple of days?

GarterGirl
07-13-2007, 03:58 PM
Yeah
Probably
I did the last time - (When I wasn't here)

adamanteus
07-13-2007, 03:59 PM
What karate style is she studying?

GarterGirl
07-13-2007, 04:20 PM
Uh
I don't actually know
Is seido a type of karate?
Well anyway
I know that she is going to 'Seido Summer Camp'!

adamanteus
07-13-2007, 04:23 PM
I'm trained in Shotokan and Shukukai. Also a little Origami and Crotchet.:rolleyes:

GarterGirl
07-13-2007, 04:24 PM
Are those karate?
I just know she does karate!

Josh
07-13-2007, 06:15 PM
I'm trained in Shotokan and Shukukai. Also a little Origami and Crotchet.:rolleyes:

lol hahahahaha

GarterGirl
07-15-2007, 02:10 PM
Hey guys
Drache is back WITH PHOTOS!

adamanteus
07-15-2007, 02:12 PM
Well, let's see them!:)

drache
07-16-2007, 03:54 AM
hi everyone
got back yesterday - tired beyond belief and sore all over
even though I have no problem getting up at 4:00am, normally I get a chance to hang around a bit, have a tea, look at last night's thamnophis posts, etc
there, the program started at 4:30 with sunrise meditation, followed by two hours of workout before breakfast
in fact everybody kept referring to breakfast as lunch
I swear, Saturday was like four days long
if you're interested, here's a link to my dojo:
Seido Karate :: Home (http://seido.com/)
there's photos from last camp and I imagine, this year's will go up soon
there's one of me from last time
Seido Photo Gallery (http://seido.com/04_community/photo_gallery/browsephoto.php?pid=0&aid=34)
and one of my team then
Seido Photo Gallery (http://seido.com/04_community/photo_gallery/browsephoto.php?pid=10&aid=36)
I'm the pale one with the short short hair behind the second person from the right
I did get a bit of free time and frog pictures, etc will be posted in Nature photo thread
good to be back
I missed you guys

Lulu Bennett
07-16-2007, 04:06 AM
lol thanks for the link but it all seams like to much hard work to me. sounds like you enjoyed yourself. still don't know how you were up 4 lol not a chance you get me doing that lol

GarterGuy
07-16-2007, 09:38 AM
Very cool! I also train in karate, but mine is korean Tang Soo Do. Where are you in the belt levels? I'm one away from black belt. My last test was brutal, lasted 5hrs. and I had four of my ribs cracked during it (note, never catch a black belt "napping" while sparring.....they'll make you pay for it! LOL). We only do black belt camps, but also do clinics where we have other instructors that come in from around the country and the world, to teach us different stuff. We've done Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Krav Maga and some addition weapons training. Anyways, welcome back!

Roy

Josh
07-16-2007, 09:40 AM
i also trained a bit the sensae Said it was a mix of to, im not sure but american and shotakan

drache
07-16-2007, 01:51 PM
Very cool! I also train in karate, but mine is korean Tang Soo Do. Where are you in the belt levels? I'm one away from black belt. My last test was brutal, lasted 5hrs. and I had four of my ribs cracked during it (note, never catch a black belt "napping" while sparring.....they'll make you pay for it! LOL). We only do black belt camps, but also do clinics where we have other instructors that come in from around the country and the world, to teach us different stuff. We've done Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Krav Maga and some addition weapons training. Anyways, welcome back!

Roy
that sounds very cool
I'm preparing for black belt exams in fall
need to do a ton of conditioning . . .
the sparring part is brutal

Serpentine99
07-16-2007, 04:25 PM
I remember when I was in Karate. I'm not going to lie, I quit because I was bored. Now I have wrestling, requires technique, but during practices it's alot less tense and we can basically just beat each other up when ever we feel like it. Plus I never entered karate competitions, it was all training. I ended up getting a brown belt with stripe in Tang Soo Do. It did make me a better person though.

drache
07-17-2007, 06:37 AM
James
did you really train in Shotokan
that style is very similar to ours - both off-shoots of goju-ryu I believe
and how many ways do you know how to incapacitate an opponent with a crochet hook?

Stefan-A
07-17-2007, 08:50 AM
how many ways do you know how to incapacitate an opponent with a crochet hook?
There might be quite a few ways, if they're used like the Pan Guan Bi. ;) Or any of the other similar Chinese "hidden weapons".

adamanteus
07-17-2007, 01:19 PM
I would quickly crochet a length of rope, to trip my opponent as they came at me. Or a rather attractive little doily to offer as a gift, and so pacify them!

adamanteus
07-17-2007, 01:22 PM
Or I would use my origami skills to neatly fold a rather scathing letter I had just penned, on a quality writing paper in a pastel lilac hue.

Stefan-A
07-17-2007, 01:26 PM
Or I would use my origami skills to neatly fold a rather scathing letter I had just penned, on a quality writing paper in a pastel lilac hue.
Why not a rather scathing haiku? ;)

adamanteus
07-17-2007, 01:29 PM
Poetry, isn't my strong point. Plus a totally different tone of of purple would be needed for the stationary...lavender, maybe...possibly scented too.

dewey3
07-18-2007, 08:40 AM
My 8 year old is a blue belt and plans to go all the way to black belt. Took 2nd place at her last tourney. Very proud!!!

Anyway, I can't remember the type....I just know it begins with s. I'll have to find out.