PDA

View Full Version : fishin in the east river

garterman07
07-21-2007, 03:55 PM
i was fishing earlier today in the east river and was amazed at what i saw...just siting there a sturgeon!!! he was 4.5ft long!!!!! i hooked him and had a long battle with the bloke then as soon as he was almost on shore he ate my line and sliped away...i chased the bobber for a while down river then lost it...unfortunatly he was the one that got away but i did catch loads of catfish and perch, and even a few bass. thinkin about going out later to go carp fishing. ( there just fun to catch cause there so big)

has any one else had great fishing experiences

adamanteus
07-21-2007, 03:58 PM
Wow, Chris! That's some (near) catch. Why do we never have a camera when we really need one!

Elliot
07-21-2007, 04:03 PM
i was fishing earlier today in the east river and was amazed at what i saw...just siting there a sturgeon!!! he was 4.5ft long!!!!! i hooked him and had a long battle with the bloke then as soon as he was almost on shore he ate my line and sliped away...i chased the bobber for a while down river then lost it...unfortunatly he was the one that got away but i did catch loads of catfish and perch, and even a few bass. thinkin about going out later to go carp fishing. ( there just fun to catch cause there so big)

has any one else had great fishing experiences

One time out in the bay I started a feeding frenzy with sharks, and another time I saw the trout were chasing mullet, so I used a Rat-L-Trap and hooked 4 and caught 3 in 5 casts! One of the trout was big, 24 inches, and the others were from 18 to 21 inches.

garterman07
07-21-2007, 04:17 PM
i'll bring my digital camera so if i catch a good sized sturgeon i can show you guys