PDA

View Full Version : Egg question

GarterGuy
08-20-2007, 08:28 AM
Ok, so my thayeri eggs started hatching yesterday afternoon. One of them is out of the egg and in another cage. Three more of the eggs have been slit open, but the little snakes just sit in them, sticking their noses out. The holes in the eggs are plenty big enough for them to get out, but they just sit there in the eggs yet? It's been a little less then 12hrs. Is this normal and just how long does hatching usually take? Also how long should I wait 'til I "go in" after them. This is my first clutch of eggs I've done myself and I really don't want to mess them up, so any advice would be VERY appreciated.

Thanx.......Roy

adamanteus
08-20-2007, 11:59 AM
Just leave them in there Roy. They'll be fine as long as the eggs aren't allowed to dry up and stick to the snake. They'll just be chilling out and absorbing the last of the yolk.:rolleyes:

But Roy....don't let the eggs dry out!!

ScimitarX
08-21-2007, 05:45 AM
Don't worry it is normal. Earlier in the year we bred pueblan milksnakes and they took several days to come out the eggs. As long as they are undisturbed they'll come out eventually.

GarterGuy
08-21-2007, 02:52 PM
Thanx guys, no they're plenty moist and actually three more have left the eggs. There's still three with their noses poking out yet and one big egg that has slit yet. So far all's going well. Will post pics of the ones that hatched soon.

Roy

adamanteus
08-21-2007, 03:13 PM
Can you get a photo of one poking out of the egg, Roy?:D

GarterGuy
08-21-2007, 03:17 PM
Working on it.....was kind of paranoid about spooking them, so all I got was a nose sticking out of an egg....LOL.:rolleyes: