PDA

View Full Version : keep getting emails

sidguppy
11-02-2006, 04:30 PM
despite the fact that I removed all the 'check' signs on each and every option....even "unsubscribed"

I don't want to have my mailbox spammed to death with notifications; i read up once I log in.

how to fix this??

abcat1993
11-02-2006, 04:38 PM
I have the same problem

Boots
11-02-2006, 04:43 PM
Hi Sidguppy,

I am trying to figure out why you would be getting emails when you do not want too. I looked over your account, and as far as I can figure out, you have opted out off all emails. The only think I can not verify is if you are set to receive "Instant email notification" when you post a comment to a thread. If that is the case, I can walk you thru how to change the setting, If you could post me the subjects of the emails, I will be able to maybe track down the problem. Is anyone else getting emails they do not want? If so, could you please send me a PM and I will look into it.

Thank,
Jason

Boots
11-02-2006, 05:01 PM
Ok, if you go into your "User CP" (left most menu option on the menu bar), do you have a list of subscribed threads? If so, you might be getting email when ever these threads are updated. You can delete your subscriptions to these threads one by one, or Let me know and I can do it for you. Also if you look in the "User CP" under "Edit Options" see what your "Default Thread Subscription Mode" is set too. It might be set to "Instant Email Notification". Which would cause you to receive an email every time someone posts to your thread. Could you please let me know if any of these help? I would like to get this solved for you.

Jason

abcat1993
11-02-2006, 05:53 PM
I went to my subscribed threads and under "notification" some say "none" like the one for this thread, some say "instant" like the one called "What are Your Costumes" How do I make them all say "none"? And I set it do no email notification under "edit options"

Boots
11-02-2006, 07:20 PM
Yep, it is the ones with the "Instant Notification" that are sending out the emails and while I can wipe out all your subscriptions, I do not have a way to current change them all to "none". Of course setting them to "none" and removing them would have the same effect. No more instant emails.

Jason

sidguppy
11-03-2006, 05:39 AM
tnx that was very helpful.

that default subscription mode is set to "do not subscribe', so I hope it helps.
last email was sent at 01.00AM about the introduction topic I made.

no other mails, so far, keep my fingers crossed
;)

Cazador
11-03-2006, 01:36 PM
For what it's worth, I changed my default subscription mode to "do not subscribe" and haven't received any other e-mail notifications, so there isn't a system wide problem.

Boots
11-05-2006, 01:55 AM
Thanks for letting me know. If anyone is encountering any problems or need help figuring out how to get something to work on the forum, please send me a PM. I hope to make this the best forum around, but I can only do it with your help.

Jason

sidguppy
11-05-2006, 03:16 AM
looks like it's solved here as well.
I didn't get any emails after the last one descrubed in my last reaction above.

keep up the good works ;)

Gijs & Sabine
11-05-2006, 02:51 PM
It has also worked for us, thanks Jason !!:)

Sabine