PDA

View Full Version : Oh good grief I'm dreaming of snakes....

Lori P
09-22-2007, 07:18 AM
Ok, this can't be a good sign.

I dreamt last night hubby and I were walking thru a pet store and found a HUGE snake of some sort choking on a big piece of bark. No one knew what to do so like a true hero I swooped in, helped him regurtitate (regurgitate. Regurgatate? Regur-- heck with it--) helped him vomit it up. The snake snuggled into my arms and the thrilled pet store people gave me the snake.

I TOLD YOU we need a therapy thread.

Stefan-A
09-22-2007, 07:25 AM
We already have a therapy thread. ;)
http://www.thamnophis.com/forum/garter-snake-lounge/1293-its-oh-so-quiet-shh-shh.html

Lori P
09-22-2007, 07:43 AM
Oh yeah! The thread with James talking about sheep and platypus... poor fella, he really does need some help... :-) But wait, I'M the one dreaming of cuddly, free, choking snakes... doesn't that deserve it's own thread?? LOL :-)

drache
09-22-2007, 08:03 AM
We already have a therapy thread. ;)
http://www.thamnophis.com/forum/garter-snake-lounge/1293-its-oh-so-quiet-shh-shh.html

I've always thought of it more as a mix of entertainment, amusing diversion, and "let's look who's hanging out today"
sort of the lounge part of the gsl
the therapy thread would be for people who want a serious in-depth humour-free approach

Lori P
09-22-2007, 08:08 AM
Er, I was just joking about the therapy thread. I think humor is the BEST therapy, don't you? :-)

I'm too much of a smarta$$ sometimes--- mea culpa. :-) :-)

adamanteus
09-22-2007, 09:35 AM
When I stopped keeping snakes for a few years, I would dream about them all the time........ I would dream I hadn't cleaned them for weeks, that they were starving or even dead in their vivs. I would look into tank after tank to see one or two skinny survivors, but mainly dessicated corpses. Weird, repetitive dreams, I had to get back into snake keeping to get a decent nights' sleep. So, for me the therapy is snake-keeping.

RZL36
09-22-2007, 09:56 AM
For some reason only venomous are in my dreams. Never once have I had a dream about a non-venomous snake. It's the same thing every time. I lost my naja in the house. I guess that could be a nightmare.

Lori P
09-22-2007, 11:31 AM
When I stopped keeping snakes for a few years, I would dream about them all the time........ I would dream I hadn't cleaned them for weeks, that they were starving or even dead in their vivs. I would look into tank after tank to see one or two skinny survivors, but mainly dessicated corpses. Weird, repetitive dreams, I had to get back into snake keeping to get a decent nights' sleep. So, for me the therapy is snake-keeping.

James, I have similiar dreams about animals I've had in the past... that I let them starve and die... but I didn't of course. I also dream about the ones I failed to rescue. Drives me nuts...

Stefan-A
09-22-2007, 11:45 AM
My snake dreams are usually about them getting into trouble because of something I neglected to do and me ending up accidentally killing them while trying to help.

adamanteus
09-22-2007, 12:08 PM
It seems to me that we all have a healthy realization of the weight of the responsibility we've taken on....that has to be a good thing.

salzar
09-22-2007, 12:10 PM
hi all, the sort of nightmares/ dreams that you all are having are common and can apply to any subject, they are anxzioty dreams , pardon the spelling, but very common.
now what they mean is that in most cases you feel bad for leaving the hobby or a loss of a snake or the fact that just maybe you had to give a snake away because of a move.
still all very common, now the dream about the choaking and saving with lori p ,
this is a action dream and usuly the dream ends very favorably, and reasures the dreamer the he or she is there for there pet, a good dream!!
so mull over that and have nice dreams.
bye
michelle

adamanteus
09-22-2007, 12:12 PM
Do you know about this stuff, Michelle? You sound very certain of your explanations.

enigma200316
09-22-2007, 01:04 PM
Do you know about this stuff, Michelle? You sound very certain of your explanations.

no I think she's just blowing smoke up your A double S James.....:rolleyes::D:D

I'm just kidding Michelle.........

EdgyExoticReptiles
09-22-2007, 01:13 PM
i havent had a dream in like 3 years :(

salzar
09-22-2007, 02:07 PM
well there is some logic involved !
but yea I do study dreams and have had much sucess with some of mine. also we water signs have a more openess to the outer relm of time and space....
heee heee
that was smoke!!
but realy most of the time its just the jitters over a job a car , oh a falling dream is also common,
once I was going to be betting on a classic , the preakness and I had a dream of a measuring cup smaching to the floor, well I already had the horse I wanted to win, it was funny side, hes from n.y well any how, it was inturpted as all records would be dashed and he would set a new measure, well sure enuff he broke the record for lenths won by!
there have been others as well. I also read cards...
heeee heeee love crystals and have 219 cats..
more smoke...
bye michelle

enigma200316
09-22-2007, 05:16 PM
well if you were blowing smoke then you'd be just like James anyway.....:D

thats all he does hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just kidding James.....

Tori
09-22-2007, 09:16 PM
I've had the same dream ever since I was a kid, never made any sense to me though. I'm walking through my grandparents house, I notice that it's very warm and the sun is shining in every window. Then I feel like I'm missing something and look around. That's when I notice that everything in the house is covered with snakes and I'm standing in the middle of them. I slowly make my way through them, walking very carefully among them and make it to the front door. When I open the door I wake up every time. One point I should mention is that I feel that I ought to be very afraid but I'm not and that the snakes never offer to bite even when I scoot them aside with my foot. I guess I've had it hundreds of times over the years.

Stefan-A
09-23-2007, 01:03 AM
Damn, I just had a baaaad one. Basically, it revolved around me having trouble making time to take care of my female parietalis and having to go back to school before I can change the water and feed it. (Background information: I sort of commute between the city where I live and the city where I study. One snake in one city, two in the other.) Then I find that the smaller of my babies have eaten the bigger one and the bigger one's tail is sticking out the cloaka of the smaller one and its head is sticking out the mouth.

I laughed my *** off when I woke up. :D

zooplan
09-23-2007, 02:45 AM
When I waked up this early morning one of my worse nightmares became truth.
I stood up to go to the toilet and when I look in the baby enclosures on my way, I got to find this:
http://www.zooplan.net/images/bad%20dream%20k.jpg
:(:confused::mad:

adamanteus
09-23-2007, 02:47 AM
Bad luck, Udo. Sorry to hear that.

Stefan-A
09-23-2007, 02:58 AM
Damn, that's a real shame. :(

drache
09-23-2007, 03:27 AM
oh Udo
das tut mir so leid - so sorry

salzar
09-23-2007, 07:03 AM
me as well ,so sorry for your loss.
bye
michelle

enigma200316
09-23-2007, 07:59 AM
sorry for your loss...man that sucks.....:(

thats a nightmare I think we all have in common, and to many of us has had come true......:(

Snaky
09-23-2007, 12:03 PM
So sorry for your loss Udo, it's the worst...

Lulu Bennett
09-23-2007, 06:42 PM
sorry to hear about your loss Udo. whats the black stuff on his tail? do you know why it was dead?

zooplan
09-23-2007, 10:31 PM
the black stuff should be feces.
He had flagellates but got medicine too a week ago.
the others are doing well.
because I found him on Sunday morning I could not get any further tested

drache
09-24-2007, 05:56 AM
I do have this dream sometimes where I wake up at night to go to the bathroom and I see a snake and when I pick it up to put it back I see that all of the cages are open and all the snakes are gone
last night Jeff woke me up at midnight because he found a snake in the bathroom . . .
thankfully, it was just the one

enigma200316
09-24-2007, 09:42 AM
wow...that is really weird that you would have this dream and then find one out hahahahaha!!!!!!!!:)

salzar
09-24-2007, 10:56 AM
some times dreams are warnings from your sub contous to look out for something that you are affraid of , loss seperation,
my fav is I cant get my phone to work or the lift will not work and I cant phone help.
just stress most of the time but loss of contact not being heard , no one is paying you any mind. very common for mothers who have kids!!
bue
michelle

KITKAT
09-26-2007, 11:39 AM
I have frequent dreams that I have come home from a cat show and forgot to let the cat out of the crate...

In some versions, I find the cat and it is sick but alive. In other versions, the cat has died from being in the crate for days.

WEIRD, I know!:eek: