PDA

View Full Version : Finding a Lost Snake

Josh
11-05-2007, 12:22 PM
Discussion thread for Finding a Lost Snake (http://www.thamnophis.com/caresheets/index.php?title=Finding a Lost Snake). If you would like to add a comment, click the Post Reply button.

Lulu Bennett
11-05-2007, 07:45 PM
hey josh, that is quite a good idea. i never thought about a care sheet on a lost snake lol W/D!!:D

RZL36
11-06-2007, 12:34 PM
My baby radix just escaped. The I set up a lamp with some food near it. She has come back to eat twice in two days, we just haven't met up. I was so proud to not have a snake escape in years, but my friend picked up a cruddy top and that's how it goes. My fault. Flour is a great idea, but how do I safely trap this little girl. She is about 8 inches long.

RZL36
11-06-2007, 12:44 PM
I probably should include that the set-up was not mine, but a pal's. I was snake sitting until he moved into his new digs. I really am pretty upset and am a little surprised about how much this sucks.

Sid
11-06-2007, 02:39 PM
My baby radix just escaped. The I set up a lamp with some food near it. She has come back to eat twice in two days, we just haven't met up. I was so proud to not have a snake escape in years, but my friend picked up a cruddy top and that's how it goes. My fault. Flour is a great idea, but how do I safely trap this little girl. She is about 8 inches long.
Rich, Here's an idea for a trap that works. Take a plastic two liter soft drink bottle and cut the top off at the point just before it starts to reduce in size. Invert the top section and insert it into the bottom section. You now have a container with a funnel attached. Tape the two sections together and rub the inside of the funnel with fish. The snake smells the fish and goes in, then has a problem finding it's way out.

RZL36
11-07-2007, 07:35 AM
Thanks so much. Gonna try that as soon as I get home from work.

Josh
11-08-2007, 02:34 PM
i didnt make the article, This post apeared as the others did.