PDA

View Full Version : quick question

big J
03-13-2008, 01:50 PM
HI guys I am wandering how long after mating can you feel the garter to be gravid. I have put them together for about a week and a half and have seperated them since I didn't see much action. After another week I will introduce the two again maybe the sepration will get them going.

Stefan-A
03-13-2008, 02:04 PM
You should be able to feel lumps after a few weeks. Hold on, I'll look it up. Yeah, probably no sooner than three weeks.

big J
03-14-2008, 02:18 PM
thanks I really look foward to seeing the babies from this garter she's is very beautiful and has a kiiler personality. the other day i opened her cage door with a fuzzy mouse and as soon as she smelled it she flung herself out of the cage missed the mouse and landed right on the floor. I laughed for quit a while after i put her back with the mouse in her mouth.

GartersRock
03-14-2008, 07:14 PM
thanks I really look foward to seeing the babies from this garter she's is very beautiful and has a kiiler personality. the other day i opened her cage door with a fuzzy mouse and as soon as she smelled it she flung herself out of the cage missed the mouse and landed right on the floor. I laughed for quit a while after i put her back with the mouse in her mouth.

:p :D Thats exactly what my puget does! :rolleyes:

big J
03-15-2008, 01:40 PM
I've got a yearling ball python who has done the same thing as my garter since I got him a year ago. I once placed a mouse beside his cage when i got a phone call. I came back to find the python trying to bite through cage to where the mouse was sitting. I wasn't trying to torture the little fellow but he did end up getting the mouse. He is a sweet heart when you hold him just as long as you don't smell like a mouse. LOL

Snake lover 3-25
03-16-2008, 06:09 PM
Gosh i wish mine were that enthusiastic at feeding time!