PDA

View Full Version : making somthing out of nouthing

Zigmund
06-30-2008, 08:16 PM
does anybody else decorate enclosures with just like kind of random stuff.for example in my garter enclosure i didnt have any bedding at the moment so i used papper towels as a "bedding" and i actually just got a reptile bowl and i had a tiny ceramic bowl, so i put both of them in there as the water dishes and a shed asister thingy XD. as for the hides i used a tooth paste box that just holds the single tube and a cigar box that i just carved a little hole in and then for somthing to climb on i made a pyramid out of these toys that i think are called magnetics. oh and to hold the hides together i used this glass thing without the base that is a tacky gift frome somebody. and i think it looks great, which is wired because the temporary thing that i threw together until i got the repti bark bedding and some real hides and stuff ended up sticking because i thought it actually looked good. (oh and just a random question:does anybody elses garters actually watch them and come over to them when they come in the room and stay out of their hides to watch as yu play on the computer?)

Tori
06-30-2008, 10:21 PM
Several of my snakes come to the glass to watch me, especially if I am walking around, but they do seem to watch me on the computer too.

infernalis
07-01-2008, 03:09 AM
My computer is surrounded by snakes and a pair of anoles.. I get watched all the time:)

drache
07-01-2008, 03:29 AM
they're watching us a lot
will you show us photos of your enclosure?

SpyrotheGartersnake
07-01-2008, 04:06 AM
i have my red sided and leopard gecko they come out of there hides all the time every time i take a step in my room and just watch me play on the computer:D

Lori P
07-01-2008, 05:19 AM
Zig, I just recently hung little decorative bird houses in a couple of the tanks-- how's that for random? lol But it looks cool and the snakes are having a blast climbing in and out of them. So hey, as long as it's safe, the snakes are happy and stimulated and you like it, it's all good.

Garter_Gertie
07-01-2008, 07:54 AM
Note to self: Look at birdhouses at WalMart today...

anji1971
07-01-2008, 07:57 AM
Birdhouses!
Lori, you're brilliant! I must go find some ASAP. I'm all about "pretty" for the tanks, so they'll be perfect!:cool:

anji1971
07-01-2008, 07:58 AM
Oh, and my snakes are always watching.
You should see them when we're using the Nintendo Wii.............they seem to find all that jumping around terribly fascinating!

Sputnik
07-01-2008, 08:06 AM
Zig, I just recently hung little decorative bird houses in a couple of the tanks-- how's that for random?

Ditto. Great minds, Lori...;)
I have a sea grass birdshouse in the young garter's viv and a different one with the older ones. They love being up high, slithering in and out and sticking their heads through the hole. I'm sure the slightly rough surface is going to help the snakes during shedding.

Garters seem to be curious little creatures. Ours watch us most of the day, with their chins resting on the ledge of the glass runners. When we go up close they lift their heads and their tongues flicker wildly. If I open the door, some of them come up close to my nose and touch it with their tiny tongues. I love it!

Garter_Gertie
07-01-2008, 08:08 AM
Note to self: Move Peepers' and Jeepers' tank to by the computer.

Zigmund
07-01-2008, 08:30 AM
wow im glade im not alone

&|:>)

infernalis
07-01-2008, 09:38 AM
It has to be the moving colors and light, I have a pueblan milksnake that calms right down and stares at the tv set.

and please don't make my hair bleed by asking what his favorite show is:eek: