PDA

View Full Version : New section for Caresheets and Articles

Boots
02-01-2007, 03:46 PM
I just wanted to let everyone know that we have a new section for care sheets and Article. The section is open to all members for their input, so please feel free to add info or content. The section will only be as good as we as a community make it.

http://www.thamnophis.com/caresheets/index.php?title=Main_Page

Jason

Elliot
02-01-2007, 05:06 PM
Nice, that'll be a great addition!

abcat1993
02-01-2007, 06:43 PM
I hope you can back up the copies of each draft just in case somebody deletes them all. I am pretty sure Wikipedia does that so I wouldn't be surprised.

Sid
02-01-2007, 07:18 PM
Thanks Jason. This will be a great addition.

Sid

suzoo
02-01-2007, 10:59 PM
Very cool!

Boots
02-02-2007, 01:14 AM
Yep, very cool. The new section is a wiki, so everyone can contribute. It will be a community effort, that I hope will benefit people new to the hobby. If you have never seen a wiki before, please check out this link. Wiki - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wiki)

Jason

mikm
02-02-2007, 07:36 AM
this is very, VERY nice ! thank you for all of your time & effort invested to make this happen ...

Cazador
02-02-2007, 10:23 PM
Hi all,

I just began a section on the care sheets about "feeding." You can see it here (http://www.thamnophis.com/caresheets/index.php?title=Garter_Snake_Care_Sheet). It is only a start, but I thought this might be an easy way for people to get familiar with how to edit and add to the care sheets. If you'd care to give it a shot, simply click on the link, above, and either click on the <<EDIT>> tab near the top of the page or the <<EDIT>> box to the right of the "feeding" section. Then add one food source to the list, such as worms, mice, fish, slugs, etc. When you've added one item, feel free to add some text to this or any other section section, but please leave some other food items for the next person to add to the list. When you're done, be sure to click on the <<SAVE PAGE>> button in the bottom left corner. Be brave, and don't worry about doing anything wrong... older versions are backed up. Have a great time,

Rick

Thamnophis
02-04-2007, 01:00 PM
Well done!

KITKAT
02-14-2007, 12:04 AM
I just started the page on the butler's garter.

Does anyone know the scale counts that pertain to identification of this species?

Also, I have written to a University prof. for permission to use his photo of a T. butleri.

Stefan-A
02-14-2007, 03:04 AM
I just started the page on the butler's garter.

Does anyone know the scale counts that pertain to identification of this species?

Also, I have written to a University prof. for permission to use his photo of a T. butleri.

Dorsal scales max 19, reducing to 17 anterior to the vent. Supralabials 7 or 6, infralabials 8 or 9, maxilliary teeth 19 to 23, lateral stripe rows 2 & 3 + lower edge of 4. Supralabial sutures usually with relatively little black pigment.

That's from the Rossman, Ford, Seigel book.

KITKAT
02-15-2007, 12:03 AM
Dorsal scales max 19, reducing to 17 anterior to the vent. Supralabials 7 or 6, infralabials 8 or 9, maxilliary teeth 19 to 23, lateral stripe rows 2 & 3 + lower edge of 4. Supralabial sutures usually with relatively little black pigment.

That's from the Rossman, Ford, Seigel book.

Can you add that to my writings, or do you want me to? The guy with the online photo said he could not give permission as he is not the owner of the pic. I am gonna email a friend in Michigan who may have some photos... and invite him to the forum while I am at it! :D

Stefan-A
02-15-2007, 12:14 AM
Sure, I'll copy/paste it, if it's ok.

KITKAT
02-16-2007, 05:24 PM
Go for it!:D

I'm slammed to the wall busy this week....