PDA

View Full Version : ok folks little bit of help

Scaley.Jade
11-20-2008, 06:30 PM
right im going to be getting 2 radix off james (probably sunday) and intend on breeding them in the future

but when it comes to garters and breeding i can honestly say i have no idea
so ...

1)How old do they need to be
2)how big (length weight)
3)is there any special preperations needed for the pregnant mums
4)how do you keep your babies (single or together)
5)can i keep ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL of them lol :eek::D

guidofatherof5
11-20-2008, 06:52 PM
Radixs, they are so cool. I house my baby radixs together for the first 9months or so. As far as prep. for the mom., it is best to keep her singled out before she has them. This way when she does there is less of a chance they will be hurt by others in the enclosure. Lucky our Radix mom wanted to be alone before she had them and once she did she wanted back with her group. Our girl was aprox. 11 months old and 70gms and 26 inches when she conceived. This was just my experience and other may have different ideas. Hope this helps.

Stefan-A
11-20-2008, 11:57 PM
right im going to be getting 2 radix off james (probably sunday) and intend on breeding them in the future

but when it comes to garters and breeding i can honestly say i have no idea
so ...

1)How old do they need to be
2)how big (length weight)
3)is there any special preperations needed for the pregnant mums
4)how do you keep your babies (single or together)
5)can i keep ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL of them lol :eek::D
Females become mature after their second or third winter, males after their first or second. :) Special preparations.. depends on what you mean. Some feed their snakes extra heavily before breeding them and when she starts to get closer to giving birth, you might want to separate her from the other snakes. You can keep all the babies together, but it seems that it would be more practical to divide them into smaller groups.

No, you can't keep them all. :p

Snake lover 3-25
11-21-2008, 02:32 PM
i fed my prego girls lots before they have them..... and with the 3 that i've had all have been great with the little ones and all ate within hours of giving birth.... i kept all the babies together in a 15 gal with a slide on top.... :D good luck convincing rachel on that last one lol

Scaley.Jade
11-24-2008, 05:58 AM
brill stuff thanx guys wont be for a few years yet but im excited