PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got this book?

CrazyHedgehog
08-14-2006, 04:02 PM
Hello all, I have been tempted to buy this book for a while now, but last night after again (yet again) getting in a muddle with the correct scientific names, I decided that I had to have it....
I was wondering if anyone has a copy and could tell me what they think, as I have heard many books have conflicting descriptions....?
Oh the book... it is:
The Garter Snakes: Evolution and Ecology ISBN:0806128208
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0806128208.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V1056493385_.jpg
If its awful, its too late as I have paid for it, but would appreciate letting me know anyway please!!

Daniel
08-14-2006, 04:50 PM
Hi,

a short summary from my website to this book:

This book is a must for every English-speaking garter snake keeper. The authors give interesting information on field herpetological observations, areas of circulation and past taxonomic changes. There also is a more general part on care and taxonomy and with unfortunaly in most cases just picture of most of the popular but also rare Thamnophis.

Best wishes,

Daniel

Thamnophis
08-14-2006, 05:27 PM
I have the book and I am very happy that I´ve bought it.
There is a lot information in it and very fine pictures.

Boots
08-14-2006, 06:19 PM
Sounds like you made a great purchase, CrazyHedgehog! I'll look forward to your review once you receive the book.

Jason

CrazyHedgehog
08-14-2006, 06:42 PM
OK, thanks for that, bought from Amazon, US book shop, so might take a week or so, but it was £15 cheaper than in the UK..
Hopefully will add a review, and (very hopefully) will be better at proper names ....I have two tham.....somethings, two sitraaa...?/.. oh what the...until I get the book...
I have two adult common garters, male and female, one with slightly red sides...two young chequered garters, two female florida blue garters, 4 red sided baby common and 2 yellow sided baby common garters...
common babies going now though to make room for more..

ssssnakeluvr
08-14-2006, 07:46 PM
I bought the book a few years back....love it!!!!!