PDA

View Full Version : Aqua-pac vivariums

RedSided
04-01-2007, 07:32 AM
This is what I use for my garter, easy to assemble , glass sliding doors(safetey glass).I use the 24" model and its served me well so far.Just some help for any of you that might be stuck getting a tank.:rolleyes:

Here is the link, just find a dealer and order it online, brilliant :D
Aquapac - Walnut Hobbyist vivarium (http://www.aqua-pac.co.uk/products_vivs_hobbyist_walnut2.htm)

adamanteus
04-01-2007, 07:37 AM
Couldn't find any prices on that link. Are they expensive?

RedSided
04-01-2007, 07:44 AM
They are quite cheap, This is the webpage I bought mine from along with some furnishings, its a very reliable webpage.Anyway the prices are on this link.

Reptile Vivariums | Reptile Tanks (http://www.animalinstinct.co.uk/acatalog/Pets_Products_Reptile_Vivariums___Reptile_Tanks_23 .html)

adamanteus
04-01-2007, 07:48 AM
They're quite nice, and as you say, not too expensive. Not that I'll be bying one, I make my own....(See my thread "New Vivaria" in the Enclosures Forum). How do you heat yours?

RedSided
04-01-2007, 07:59 AM
I use a heat mat, the same one which came with the snake,the mat is never hot, its just warm,I have never had any problems with it either.Although I have been considering bying some other form of heating to free up floor space and make her more active. Any suggestions about lights or something similar?

adamanteus
04-01-2007, 08:05 AM
I don't understand what you mean by "free up floor space". I use broad spectrum (daylight) strip lights, but I don't really think UV is absolutely necessary for garters. Many people use spot lights or heat bulbs to warm their vivs. Obviously these need to be screen off, to prevent the snakes from burning themselves on the hot surface. Personally I never use them, but there's nothing wrong with them.

RedSided
04-01-2007, 08:26 AM
Do you also use a heat mat?

adamanteus
04-01-2007, 08:37 AM
I use heat cable normally, you can see the way I do things in my "New Vivaria" thread.

RedSided
04-01-2007, 09:40 AM
I used to make my tanks out of flat pack kitchen units and a bit of creativity, again thats food for thought. :rolleyes:

adamanteus
04-01-2007, 10:19 AM
I used to make my tanks out of flat pack kitchen units and a bit of creativity, again thats food for thought. :rolleyes:

That'a a good idea, a friend of mine once converted an old wardrobe into a large viv. It looked crap, but it served him well for years!