PDA

View Full Version : YouTube videos in posts

Boots
04-11-2010, 11:24 PM
I just wanted to let everyone know that you can now add YouTube videos to your posts by adding the video code from the YouTube URL. For example if you have the following URL youtube.com/watch?v=7IkftJ_LH_8, you would need the part acter the ?v=. So in this case it is 7IkftJ_LH_8. You would then highlight the code "7IkftJ_LH_8", and click the YouTube icon http://www.thamnophis.com/forum/images/editor/youtube.gif and you would get the following.

7IkftJ_LH_8

Just remember the videos must be reptile related and related to your post. Ok, so the example is not really reptile related, but there are turtles in it.

Jason

guidofatherof5
04-12-2010, 05:22 AM
Great addition. Thanks Jason.

drache
04-12-2010, 05:27 AM
love the turtles - real stunt guys

gregmonsta
04-12-2010, 08:44 AM
Cheers Jason :D

toad772
04-12-2010, 11:04 PM
there is more then just turtles there is some sort of lizard in it too.

DIRK
04-13-2010, 05:17 AM
very good, thank you...:)

sawmane 1
02-17-2011, 01:13 PM
go turtles!!! ( and moniter lizard)

ConcinusMan
02-17-2011, 02:40 PM
I only wish flash player wasnt' completely broken. I just had a flash player update and completely messed things up. I now get the video frame split in two by a green line and two images of the video are stacked on one another. It plays in double vision. I tried using their uninstaller and reinstalled, I tried different browsers, I tried everything I can think of. This latest update completely messed things up. I am not a happy camper. Whatever you do, if you get a flash player update notice DO NOT UPDATE IT!

Plugin version 10.2.152.26 (currently the latest version) is broken!

kibakiba
02-17-2011, 02:43 PM
I guess I'm lucky that I'm way too lazy to update things like flash. I kept having the thing pop up and I just ended its process cause flash player is fine how it is right now :D

ConcinusMan
02-17-2011, 02:45 PM
Well Chantel, in most cases it will update anyway without you having to do anything. Depends on your browser settings. Mine notified me of the update. Since flash player has been crashing a lot on me lately, I figured the update would fix it. Boy was I wrong.

Firefox is my default browser. Flash wasn't even installed for IE so I decided to give that a try. I installed it for IE using the installer (latest version) on the adobe website. Same thing happens.. Double vision. I'm so ticked off.:mad:

I even used their uninstall tool, removed all traces of it from the registry, then reinstalled. The problem persists and it doesn't even matter what browser I use.

kibakiba
02-17-2011, 03:28 PM
Yeah, I use firefox too. I cant stand IE. More trouble than it's worth in my opinion. Can't you install a later version, or do they not allow that anymore?

Stefan-A
02-24-2011, 12:24 PM
Well Chantel, in most cases it will update anyway without you having to do anything. Depends on your browser settings. Mine notified me of the update. Since flash player has been crashing a lot on me lately, I figured the update would fix it. Boy was I wrong.

Firefox is my default browser. Flash wasn't even installed for IE so I decided to give that a try. I installed it for IE using the installer (latest version) on the adobe website. Same thing happens.. Double vision. I'm so ticked off.:mad:

I even used their uninstall tool, removed all traces of it from the registry, then reinstalled. The problem persists and it doesn't even matter what browser I use.
I replied to this earlier, but the post went missing. What I had written, was that this problem can supposedly be solved by turning hardware acceleration off.

ConcinusMan
02-24-2011, 12:46 PM
Thanks Stefan but I did already solve it. Apparently Adobe archives older versions. I used their uninstaller, rebooted and installed an earlier version of Flash Player 10. I also blocked it from updating.

kibakiba
02-24-2011, 05:44 PM
I had to reformat my pc and got the new update and it lags any time I watch a video or have anything flash related up. Lol, it seems like most updates, for anything, cause more problems than it's worth. That said, I'm to lazy to do anything about it.

ConcinusMan
02-24-2011, 08:41 PM
Sometimes you amuse me Chantel. Too lazy.. LoL.

You have to consider that I'm a PC tech part time. For a living, I get other people's machines secured, clear them of viruses, tune them up for best performance, etc. I demand that my machine runs like a scalded cat and is free of any errors or performance issues. It's not that difficult to keep it that way once you get it that way. Some of the updates, even for flash, are security related and so I try to keep things up to date but when an update causes a major fail in performance like this one did, I cannot tolerate it! I would normally keep it up to date but when a bad app misbehaves, I gotta fix it even that means rolling back a version. You might say I'm a bit obsessed when it comes to this. I cannot tolerate a misbehaving app or less than perfect performance from my computer.:rolleyes:

kibakiba
02-25-2011, 01:07 AM
I like my pc running great too, hard with 6 year old stuff and the fact I'm a woman (multitasking too much). That's why I reformatted, I was getting less than favourable performance. Fortunately for me, the laggy flash doesn't affect my pc games or photoshop, so I'm all good.

ConcinusMan
02-25-2011, 12:08 PM
Sounds more like slow downloading of the video, rather than an issue with flash.

kibakiba
02-25-2011, 06:15 PM
Nope, got fast internet and I can tell when its internet lag. Besides, most videos have a loading bar, yes? It's more of an issue with it just... Well it's just stupid, that's how I'll explain what it's doing cause I'm sleepy... But I am 100% sure it's not the internet's fault. My internet is sensitive, you know... You hurt it's feelings. :(

ConcinusMan
02-25-2011, 11:14 PM
You crack me up. :p Perhaps too many apps running or too many demands on the graphics processor, there's a lot of reasons why it could be happening.

kibakiba
02-25-2011, 11:40 PM
I haven't gotten much installed... Basic things like Skype, Steam and MSN which usually aren't running, Firefox and 2 addons (adblock and removetabs) for that... And my drivers. I still need a lot more of my things installed but with the basics, I don't care if I'm lazy.

I'm kind of lucky you aren't like the Comcast person who said my internet slowed down because of my RAM. I had just got new RAM, 4 gigs and everything was fine, but it turned out they were just getting stingy and lowered the speed. Comcast has bad service. Hah.