PDA

View Full Version : tennfan56

infernalis
07-28-2010, 12:49 AM
How do I reply to this person's snakes wanted ad??

only one post, so NO PM rights yet, and cannot reply to the "wanted post'

Hey tennfan56 I have snakes for you..........

ConcinusMan
07-28-2010, 02:21 AM
I had the same thing happen a few weeks ago with a little bit of a twist. If I remember right, the person PM'd me yet had zero posts. I couldn't reply to the PM, and this person was somehow under the impression that they couldn't post "because I just joined" was their words. So, I don't know what you mean by "PM rights" but I got one from a member with ZERO posts.

Not even Stefan could do anything about it. He couldn't even PM them. To my knowledge, this person never did post and never returned. Do you remember that stefan? I don't remember who it was or how the heck this happened exactly but it seems to me that allowing someone to post in the wanted/for sale section right off the bat, and yet can't get PM's is just ridiculous.

I wonder if it will work if you send a friend request and they come back and accept it? Maybe then you can PM them?

infernalis
07-28-2010, 02:58 AM
I am overdue to speak with Jason, so maybe we can get this taken care of.

Flicker
07-28-2010, 07:29 AM
As a new member, I was not able to send PM's. I could post, but anything I wrote went through a "wait for approval" process. This lasted for a couple of days, but it didn't take long for my posts to be approved. I'm able to post and send PM's now.

Stefan-A
07-28-2010, 08:15 AM
Not even Stefan could do anything about it. He couldn't even PM them. To my knowledge, this person never did post and never returned. Do you remember that stefan?
Yeah and my words regarding it still apply, including the four-letter ones.

ConcinusMan
07-28-2010, 02:09 PM
LoL!

adamanteus
07-28-2010, 03:02 PM
I have given tennfan56 PM rights... if he comes back you can contact him.

tennfan56
07-28-2010, 03:42 PM
I feel honored that I have a thread about me just being a new guy. Anyway I guess you can pm me what snakes you have available now thanks to the moderators.

Thank you
Doug

Mommy2many
07-28-2010, 04:45 PM
Welcome, Doug!

aSnakeLovinBabe
07-28-2010, 06:04 PM
the limits that are in place for new members are there for a reason... it stops spammers from getting through... if everyone who has just signed up had all the rights of all members even automated computerized spammers could easily post and PM. So while there is an occasional down side to it, there is a need for it as well. people who really like the site and want to be active members and contribute to our forum will soon pass the limitations and have no more worries.

ConcinusMan
07-29-2010, 01:38 AM
Awesome! glad you returned. you're gonna love it here. Welcome Doug!

ConcinusMan
07-29-2010, 01:41 AM
I have given tennfan56 PM rights... if he comes back you can contact him.

Now I'm really, really glad you're back. Finally someone with some frequent presence that has power too.;)