PDA

View Full Version : Red Sided Garter FREE to a good home

05brandon50
08-09-2010, 08:29 PM
Hey guys,

I have a garter that is very skittish and does not really like to be handled that often but eats great and is in perfect health. Im not sure what gender it is but im guessing male because of its size and I'm pretty sure that it is a sub-adult. I do not know when it was born and it genetics as the person I bought it from was a friend that was selling it cheap. Like I mentioned, this garter is not for someone who wants a snake to handle but I imagine it could be used for breeding. Currently it eats anything I give it, like when I first got it I was giving it a diet of worms and pinks and salmon but now I have transitioned to whole silver-sides and pinks. It is rarely handled because when i dop handle it is very "freaked out" and when I do get my hands on it, it musks. All and all, I would really like to find a patient garter lover on here that would take this snake off my hands and give it a good home. I live in Southern California near Palm Springs and if you live close or are willing meet halfway from where you then please message me. Please, please, please, contact me if you are interested as my only other option would be to either give it to petco/petsmart and have ill-informed people wanting to adopt it and risk it not going to a good home or I would have to take it up to the sierra nevadas on my annual trip and release it into the wild there. PM or add/message me on my myspace myspace.com/05brandon50 if you are interested.

***also, if you are interested in maybe trading a young garter I would greatly be interested as this is my first garter and it kinda was a bad experience but if not, like i said he/she is FREE to a good home and i would be more than happy to give it to you.

I have attached photos of its new setup and a few photos of the snake as well. I also have/had some older photos here.