PDA

View Full Version : Hamburg (PA) Show

GarterGuy
04-27-2007, 08:46 AM
Hamburg show is coming up this weekend!:D Checking to see who all's going from the northeast contingent of garter people. I'll be there, always hit the local shows if I can and gotta get some mice and equip. as well.
Roy

rwgsnakes
04-27-2007, 08:56 AM
YEAH !! ITS TOMORROW! im going, im bringing two friends with me. I can't wait. im bringing my red spotted garter to try and trade, his colors are so dull and his eyes are hazy, is there anything i can do to speed up the shedding process?

Cazador
04-27-2007, 08:09 PM
There's a technique that vets use to induce shedding, but it wouldn't help you by tomorrow. I don't know the proper doseage, so it wouldn't be responsible for me to mention on a public forum. Just as a matter of trivia, though, shedding can be induced.

Rick

rwgsnakes
04-28-2007, 04:48 PM
thanks, he didnt shed in time but..... i got another albino checkered garter!

GarterGuy
05-01-2007, 12:26 AM
Was tempted by a really pretty Fla. blue garter (VERY blue, but was a bit "twitchy", thought that might indicate a problem) and by a male Eastern blacknecked garter. But decided it'd be best to just go home with a block of mice....LOL.
Roy

mikm
05-01-2007, 11:52 AM
hello ... were there a fair amount of garters there in general ???

rwgsnakes
05-01-2007, 01:15 PM
awh, i didnt see the blue garter, who had them? i saw the black necked-85$

there were a decent amount, i got the only albino i saw and there were some red spotted.

adamanteus
05-01-2007, 01:16 PM
I don't know how you can resist the temptation when faced with these snakes. Congratulations on the mice though!!:rolleyes:

mikm
05-01-2007, 01:20 PM
Were the Red Spots WC ??? I'm seeing a few ads for them (WC's) so I'm curious.

much thanks !!
marian

GarterGuy
05-02-2007, 12:06 AM
Yeh there were a few garters there. The T.s.concinnus were wild caught young snakes. There's a dealer that seems to have them quite often...he had some pretty nice looking ones too. Petra is actually one of his snakes that I got as a baby last year. There was only the one Fla. blue....it was over with a lot of the venomous stuff...they guy actually only pulled it out while I was standing there....don't know if he had any more. He's the same guy I actually got Turk (my past male T.s.concinnus) from. Doesn't really "do" garters....but he sometimes has some nice ones. Besides the eastern black neck and redstripe ribbon...I did see a few albino checkereds, but you usually always see some of them. There should be a lot more in the later shows.

mikm
05-02-2007, 12:18 PM
Much thanks for the reply Roy :)