PDA

View Full Version : hey!!!

garterman07
04-30-2007, 05:38 PM
hey guys how are youdoing? i'm garterman07 and just sayin hello whats up

my garter snake is a wisconsin common garter =) his name is rico hes aprox. 2.6 feet long and about 2 pencil withs around and just down right cute and cudly...he goes every where with me. the store, work, bike trips, care trips, even taco johns and mc donalds...he loves riding in my large pockets in my jacket when i take him out he goes straight in there then sticks his head out as we go!!! =)

adamanteus
04-30-2007, 05:47 PM
Chris, please read the care sheets on this link
http://www.thamnophis.com/caresheets/index.php?title=Garter_Snake_Care_Sheet
You really can't keep a snake successfully in your pocket!

Ameivaboy
04-30-2007, 05:50 PM
yes i would agree being a newley aquired snake it is under enough stress as it is let it be in the cage for a week or so with no "trips" out i bet it will start feeding then

Cazador
04-30-2007, 06:03 PM
Hi Chris, and welcome to the forum.

You've come to the right place because there's a ton that we learn from one another on this forum. It's true that garters are brimming full of personality, but the first concern for a wild garter is not to stress it out while it's adjusting. Garters (and snakes in general) don't show many signs of stress or even injury until there's a real problem. While he's accilmating, I'm sure you'll enjoy reading some of the older threads that talk about the needs of a new snake. Be sure to use the "search" function to find whatever you want. It's just below the "forum" tab near the top of any page. Have a great time learning all about your new pal ;)

Rick

garterman07
04-30-2007, 06:19 PM
thanks guyz and i hope to be more knowlegable in the snake field ( i used to mostly specialize in tarantulas)

Odie
05-01-2007, 01:24 AM
Hi, from Oregon, Chris.:D

drache
05-01-2007, 03:43 AM
Hi there, Chris
I think I already welcomed you here on another thread
I may have some tarantula questions for you

Thamnophis
05-01-2007, 04:01 PM
Hello Chris, welcome on this great forum...

Stefan-A
05-01-2007, 11:10 PM
Welcome aboard, Chris.