PDA

View Full Version : Articles Section: Potential.

RedSidedSPR
09-26-2011, 11:40 AM
I keep thinking how cool this site is. There's no other site I've found for a sceficic genus (like Thamnophis etc) as good. Never found a forum as good either.

But besides the forum, we also have the Articles (http://www.thamnophis.com/caresheets/index.php?title=Main_Page) page, with the best care sheet out there, a huge photographic library, etc...

But then there's all these Species Sheets that haven't been touched... I mean, even the the Red Sided Garter Snake page is empty!!:eek: I think it would be so cool to have them all looking like this one: Eastern Garter Snake - Caresheets (http://www.thamnophis.com/caresheets/index.php?title=Eastern_Garter_Snake)

I mean it would be awesome to have an individual page for every species/subspecies, photos and info on alllllllll those awesome garter snakes.

This is the "premier" garter snake site.. It would be really nice to make it the only necessary one... The one-stop site for anything Thamnophis! Mwhaha.

I don't have the knowledge to go in and just slap down a bunch of info, but I have pictures. When I get a computer I'll go in and add some. My favorite snake, the Red Sided Garter Snake page is empty!!! :eek: I must fix that, even if it's only photos..=/

Almost all the sheets lack pictures.. some good clear, photos could fix that.

As awesome as this site is, its got the potential to be awesomer, namely in stuff non-forum related. People here know more about garters than anyone else on other sites.

I'm rambiing, I know, but just got to say that the Articles section feels empty, but if it didn't, this would be one heck of a website.

Not that it isn't already.

Blah blah blah.

Stefan-A
09-26-2011, 11:58 AM
Wiki.

RedSidedSPR
09-26-2011, 12:03 PM
Yeah. Wiki.

Thanks.:p

snakehill
09-26-2011, 12:04 PM
Don't you have homework to do???:rolleyes:

RedSidedSPR
09-26-2011, 12:42 PM
Shaddap.:p

PINJOHN
09-26-2011, 01:22 PM
AWESOMER! AWESOMER! Jesse what are you doing to my language :eek:

snakehill
09-26-2011, 01:24 PM
Really!!! Is that even a word???:rolleyes:

RedSidedSPR
09-26-2011, 01:24 PM
Screwing it up.

PINJOHN
09-26-2011, 01:27 PM
screwing it up.

::eek::D:D:D

snakehill
09-26-2011, 01:30 PM
AWESOMER! AWESOMER! Jesse what are you doing to my language :eek: You would be AMAZED at what is done to your language over here!!!!:eek:

RedSidedSPR
09-26-2011, 01:31 PM
My "awesomer" ain't nothin'.

PINJOHN
09-26-2011, 01:55 PM
You would be AMAZED at what is done to your language over here!!!!:eek:
OH no i wouldn't our tv programs are i would guess about fifty percent American.
any language which stands still is a dead language [remember Latin] the Americans have enriched the English language beyond measure
oops sorry for the lecture:o

guidofatherof5
09-26-2011, 02:01 PM
Yes, and who can forget contributions like "For sure" "Talk to the hand" "Tubular, dude":D

snakehill
09-26-2011, 02:02 PM
Not a lecture! I find it very annoying myself! English was my favorite subject (besides gym!!):p

PINJOHN
09-26-2011, 02:03 PM
Yes, and who can forget contributions like "For sure" "Talk to the hand" "Tubular, dude"
exactly :D:D:D:D

Mommy2many
09-26-2011, 04:57 PM
I think adding some pics to the sheets would be awesome, Jesse. Many of us relate to the pictures more so than the words and they may pique our interest in the articles.

We should encourage our forum members to contribute whenever and however they can.

RedSidedSPR
09-26-2011, 05:12 PM
Thanks, yes you just summed up my rambly lecture in that paragraph.

Actualy text and info takes time, but photos can be slapped in there with a implement copy and paste.

I originally found this forum because of it's care sheet, and one thing that intrigued me, was the individual species sheets... but they were kind of a dissapointment.:p

Mommy2many
09-26-2011, 05:16 PM
It's a process and takes time and commitment from members. As we find things that can be improved, we can make mention of them to the moderators. A truly informative forum is ever changing and evolving, encompassing the knowledge of all it's members and their time and skills to make it possible.

Have patience, young grasshopper...:D

RedSidedSPR
09-26-2011, 05:18 PM
My patience has all been spent on waiting for that darn computer.

d_virginiana
09-26-2011, 05:35 PM
Yeah, more pics would be great, especially for people who are trying to identify a new snake. Unfortunately I can't contribute anything to it since I only have experience with easterns :rolleyes:

Mommy2many
09-26-2011, 05:41 PM
I wouldn't say "only". Easterns account for many of the garters in the United States!

PINJOHN
09-27-2011, 03:31 AM
I wouldn't say "only". Easterns account for many of the garters in the United States!
Got to agree with Le Ann never say ONLY when it comes to eastern's :D