PDA

View Full Version : Good evening Folks.....

WBR
05-16-2007, 01:12 PM
Good evening Folks,
I am UK based and I have just tonight joined your forum.
I have spent some 30+ years keeping and breeding herps, and I have a particular preference for the genus Thamnophis.
I am now "re-entering" the herp-keeping arena, after a few years absence due to the demands of my job, and I look forward to being a positive contributor to this forum in the future.
I wish you all a good evening.
Cheers,
Brian.

Stefan-A
05-16-2007, 01:45 PM
Welcome aboard, Brian. There's always a need for experienced members.

adamanteus
05-16-2007, 01:46 PM
Hi Brian, and welcome to the forum. What species of Garter Snake are you keeping at the moment? Please post some pictures if you can!:)

http://www.thamnophis.com/forum/site-feedback-suggestions-questions/181-posting-pictures.html?highlight=posting+pictures

Hope you enjoy this forum as much as I do.

Snaky
05-16-2007, 04:15 PM
A welcome from Belgium, enjoy it here :) .

Cazador
05-16-2007, 06:26 PM
Hi Brian, and welcome to thamnophis.com. We often give second and third opinions on this forum to either show a concensus or to show new/different techniques, so I hope you'll join in the conversations often. It's always great to hear about a new way to do things. Enjoy your visits.

Rick

Odie
05-16-2007, 10:02 PM
Hi, from Oregon, Brian
http://www.thamnophis.com/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif

mikm
05-17-2007, 02:28 AM
Hello Brian, Good to see you found your way here, welcome :p ...

drache
05-17-2007, 07:32 AM
good to meet you, Brian
welcome to this wonderful forum

WBR
05-17-2007, 12:31 PM
Folks,
Thanks for the warm welcome - I am sure I will get to know most of you much better as time goes on.
James asked me what I was keeping at the present moment, and while my overall snake collection is quite varied, the Thamnophis content is limited to the following at present;
1.1 T. sirtalis tetrataenia (hopefully girl is gravid !)
1.2 T. marcianus (juveniles, all hetero for amelanistic)
0.0.2 T. ordinoides (standard, but very well marked, juveniles - poss 1.1)
6.4 T. sirtalis pickeringi (blue phase - but a new post coming about these tonight in a more appropriate area !).

The shopping list is already formulating for this year, and hopefully by Xmas the Thamnophis count and diversity will be much higher !!
Again, thanks for the warm welcome.
Cheers,
Brian.

adamanteus
05-17-2007, 12:47 PM
Wow, Brian. Nice Thamnophis collection! If you don't mind my asking, where did you get the T. ordinoides?

WBR
05-17-2007, 01:01 PM
James,
(And I suspect you are going to hate the answer !!!) - but the T. ordinoides, (as well as the T. s. pickeringi), came from "Bob" !!!!
I am sitting here (with a can of Foster's in hand), so if you PM me your number I will give you a voice call - also please note I am up in the Cheshire area just about every weekend, and it might be good to meet face to face.
Cheers,
Brian.

adamanteus
05-17-2007, 01:12 PM
To be honest, I only know "Bob" through his reputation on here. I've never had any dealings with him myself, or even know who he is! So, you had the snakes shipped over here?

Snaky
05-18-2007, 02:55 AM
T. ordinoides is not that hard to find in Europe, there are quite some breeders in Germany/Holland. An add where pairs are offered can be found at the egsa.de small adds section: EGSA.de - European Garter Snake Association (http://egsa.de/). I bet a lot of juveniles will be born this year also.

Thamnophis
05-18-2007, 08:26 PM
Welcome here, Brian!