PDA

View Full Version : Another bug

RedSidedSPR
11-28-2011, 05:15 PM
The little "paper clip" covers up the last page a lot of times rendering it un-clickable....

Not too annoying since you can just hit "last page" but noticed it so...

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/5772/captureifn.png

kibakiba
11-28-2011, 05:31 PM
I don't get that on anything. Never had a paperclip lookin' thing on my page either :p

katach
11-28-2011, 05:49 PM
That happens to me too, but I just click the little round "go to last read post" to get to where I want to go when that happens.

EasternGirl
11-28-2011, 06:30 PM
What happens to me is that periodically every time I switch pages I get logged out and have to log back in...it will do that for a while and then it will stop.

ConcinusMan
11-29-2011, 04:52 PM
I don't get that on anything. Never had a paperclip lookin' thing on my page either :p

Me neither. First I ever heard about it, or seen it.

EasternGirl
11-29-2011, 05:12 PM
You know I get a lot of trojan horse viruses when I'm on this site...my virus protector catches them but a lot have been popping up lately while I'm on here...at least one a day.

kibakiba
11-29-2011, 05:18 PM
You likely have something else infected. This website doesn't have any viruses.

infernalis
11-29-2011, 05:20 PM
You know I get a lot of trojan horse viruses when I'm on this site...my virus protector catches them but a lot have been popping up lately while I'm on here...at least one a day.

Absolutely not coming from here, No way no how.

You have already picked up a "bug" that is bringing in these malicious files, but not from our server.

ConcinusMan
11-29-2011, 05:29 PM
I would check your active network connections. You'll probably find one open that shouldn't be there. Probably adware or other software running (either with, or without your knowledge) that connects to the web and is piping in the garbage. Keep in mind, that according to your AV settings, not all alerts are necessarily viruses or malicious, even if it says they are.

EasternGirl
11-29-2011, 07:36 PM
I'm computer stupid...how do I check my active network connections? I bet I know where it's coming from...I have facebook open...ha! I'm so sorry garter forum for ever doubting you (she says dramatically)....facebook is the culprit! :mad:.

ConcinusMan
11-29-2011, 07:53 PM
Some antivirus programs are so stupid that any auto-updating program that asks for and/or gets access to the internet will be detected as a "trojan horse" especially if it isn't digitally signed. Do you have a firewall running? Windows firewall only blocks incoming connections, making it wide open for any trojan horse or any other program running on your computer to get access to a server on the web, without your permission.

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if the alerts are caused by facebook if you installed and/or play any of the games there. I strictly forbid it. I don't trust facebook apps at all if for no other reason than making your browser more vulnerable to attack, even if the apps themselves aren't malicious.

guidofatherof5
11-29-2011, 07:56 PM
I'm computer stupid...how do I check my active network connections? I bet I know where it's coming from...I have facebook open...ha! I'm so sorry garter forum for ever doubting you (she says dramatically)....facebook is the culprit! :mad:.

http://www.thamnophis.com/thamphotos/data//500/screen1.jpg

EasternGirl
11-29-2011, 07:56 PM
I have spyware doctor...it's pretty good. I never download apps from facebook...I know that's asking for trouble.

ConcinusMan
11-29-2011, 08:15 PM
Well, technically any application that gathers information about you or your browsing habits can be considered "spyware". That definitely includes facebook apps. I wouldn't worry too much about the alerts you're getting. Most, if not all of them, are nothing to worry about.

snakehill
12-01-2011, 10:11 AM
Shouldn't this be moved to the It's oh so quiet ssh ssh! thread?? ;)

EasternGirl
12-01-2011, 11:10 AM
Well it started off as a conversation about what I thought was a virus I got here...sorry :o...it kind of splintered off from there. It's over now...back to the regularly scheduled program...

snakehill
12-01-2011, 11:22 AM
I was just kidding! :p