PDA

View Full Version : when's new year?

PINJOHN
01-01-2012, 10:08 AM
How come although the main page shows January up on the tight hand side, when you click on it it shows you December last i thought computers don't make mistakes...... just thought i would start the new year with a moan [ start as you mean to carry on i say]...:D

katach
01-02-2012, 02:45 AM
I noticed that too. I wanted to see the birthdays that are coming up. No 2012 though.

PINJOHN
01-02-2012, 03:03 AM
I noticed that too. I wanted to see the birthdays that are coming up. No 2012 though.
Exactly the reason i looked kat i suppose we will just have to be patient, i look on the calender because not all birthdays show up on the main page and i hate the thought of missing someone's big day

infernalis
01-02-2012, 09:04 AM
Can't forget all those birthdays of folks that have not logged on in years.. ;)

chris-uk
01-02-2012, 09:35 AM
Perhaps the site is programmed with the Mayan calendar?

EasternGirl
01-02-2012, 10:54 AM
Can't forget all those birthdays of folks that have not logged on in years.. ;) Lol...

PINJOHN
01-02-2012, 12:58 PM
Can't forget all those birthdays of folks that have not logged on in years.. ;)

Wayne i wondered why some names never came up on the main page, and now you have explained, it is so blinking obvious
oh i do feel a silly billy :o

infernalis
01-02-2012, 01:05 PM
One feature I wish the forum software had would be to NOT announce birthdays of anyone who has not been active for the year prior to that birthday.

So many times I resisted the urge to say something funny or smart arse when I see you guys posting happy birthday greetings to "ghosts"

PINJOHN
01-02-2012, 01:18 PM
One feature I wish the forum software had would be to NOT announce birthdays of anyone who has not been active for the year prior to that birthday.

So many times I resisted the urge to say something funny or smart arse when I see you guys posting happy birthday greetings to "ghosts"
Its possible that the greetings are not entirely wasted, they may look in from time to time, why i say that is because although there may be circumstances in which a member may find himself with no garter snakes, I refuse to believe that they might lose entirely any interest in garters and as such look in occasionally without logging on, or is that my optimistic nature coming through again, the bloody thing keeps escaping from its box :D

infernalis
01-02-2012, 01:25 PM
One way to find out... Go to their profile and look for the "Last Activity" at the bottom, not been here forever, skip the birthday greetings ;)

PINJOHN
01-02-2012, 01:31 PM
One way to find out... Go to their profile and look for the "Last Activity" at the bottom, not been here forever, skip the birthday greetings ;)
seems like a plan ...does the site know they have looked in, even without them logging on :confused:

EasternGirl
01-02-2012, 02:05 PM
There's an idea...

chris-uk
01-02-2012, 03:52 PM
seems like a plan ...does the site know they have looked in, even without them logging on :confused:
They'd need to be logged in, but if someone has looked and not logged in for ages I'd call them inactive.

PINJOHN
01-10-2012, 02:54 PM
default calender still showing December :p

EasternGirl
01-10-2012, 03:38 PM
Yep...and my skype is still going bonkers...