Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    "Preparing For First shed" @ndy's Avatar

Re: Iphone/ Android App for Thamnophis!

Quote Originally Posted by chris-uk View Post
    Tapatalk isn't a bad option. But the forum works great for me in my native Android browser, then only time it gets fiddly is uploading a photo.
    As a rule, websites and forums don't need apps, all they need is good HTML5 support, all smartphone browsers support HTML5 so you don't need an app for each OS.
    I agree 100% I currently use my Iphone browser as well and it works great. Tapatalk is just more convenient to use thats all

Banned

I'd much rather bring my netbook along then to try to participate in the forum on any mobile phone. Android or apple. The netbook isn't that dang big. It's a 8.9 inch screen. Small, but runs regular windows and browsers. everything works just like it would on any PC. Still a pain to type on though. Keyboard is so small.

I have a condition! RedSidedSPR's Avatar

Yeah, I don't have anything like that at the moment. Getting an iPad in Febuary, I'll be all good in the mobile department.

Banned

I really like this little thing. Runs great, like a full sized, full featured laptop but it's little. Built in webcam/mic/wireless-g and everything. Also has a 150 gig solid state drive, 1.6ghz processor, and 1.5 gig of RAM.

Like I said, that screen is only 8.9 inches across, diagonally and it weighs 2.2 lbs. (approx 1 kilo) It's about as small as computers get without hitting an impractical level of miniaturization. These days you can pick one up for under $200. You can't even buy the solid state drive for that little. No need for any "app". Runs windows XP and I use firefox 11.

Was lookin at some of those the other day, would love a laptop but don't really want something that little. Might end up with one instead of an iPad though, due to apples insisting on overpricing everything

Quote Originally Posted by RedSidedSPR View Post
    Was lookin at some of those the other day, would love a laptop but don't really want something that little. Might end up with one instead of an iPad though, due to apples insisting on overpricing everything
    I hate apple... but if price is the reason you don't want an ipad they are releasing a smaller ipad very soon with a 299-349 price tag
    Tyler
    www.checkeredgarter.com

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RedSidedSPR View Post
    The full sized Acer Aspire's are good too. They're really thin and light. Good price too. The thing about the laptops is, even if you can't get access to a wireless hub, you can always use a "web on the go" type device. A USB thingy that uses cell phone signals such as Clear wireless: CLEAR Internet | Call 1-877-822-8259 for Wireless Internet | Official Offer

It's internet, but uses cell towers. Basically, you got internet anywhere you can get a cell phone signal. Just like a smartphone does with a data plan.

Well here you go. The new aspire one has a 11.6 inch screen so it's a little bigger, Windows 8. http://www.directron.com/nusgyaa012.html

The only reason I was suggesting such a small computer is that it functions like a fully capable laptop, while still being small. A nice alternative to the limits of smart phone browsing/ mobile browsers.

Yeah, that one's nice... Had my hands on it in best buy the other day, that would likely be the one i get if I get one. I can rarely just sit down at a computer, mobility is needed, and whether it's a small laptop or not, it's still a laptop, and a tablet has advantages over that for me.. Tough choice, but I have a feeling I'll be getting that acer or something like it

This is why I love HTC... Internet Explorer on your phone! Runs the forums like a charm =)

Banned

Perhaps it does. Now if was only that good on desktops. I hate it. I call it "internet destroyer". Been using firefox for several years now.