Page 5 of 70 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Re: Found on YouTube

Try converting it to .wmv. It's a relatively simple way of testing whether the problem is with the file format.

Banned

Yeah, I tried that before and even at an outrageous bit rate, once youtube gets done with the conversion, it looks like crap. After I figured out that youtube takes my camera's file containter (.MOV) and video specs, I started uploading them without converting to WMV. Many changes to the site were made, and all the sudden my MOV files won't upload.

I did go ahead and convert to WMV and finally got a successful upload. I'm not very happy with the result but it's better than nothing:

Banned

I am about to go postal on youtube. This is INFURIATING!!!!

I made 3 replies to comments on stefan's channel. When you do that, it starts asking for you to type the code. As if that's not irritating enough, ever since the overhaul, the answer is ALWAYS wrong. God, that's aggravating me to no end. check it out. Anything wrong with my answers? huh? I don't think so either.

I could give a million more examples since it happens EVERY time. there simply is no right answer.

I agree.

In "my circles" on YouTube, YT's inability to do anything right has been criticized far more harshly.

Banned

Ever since google took over....

It's just a pain in the axe.

Now they keep telling me I can't sign in using my youtube I.D. I must use my google I.D. What friggen google I.D? I don't have one! Right now, the cookie in my browser is the only way for me to get in. Can't do it on another computer. It's really ticking me off.

Quote Originally Posted by ConcinnusMan View Post
    Ever since google took over....

It's just a pain in the axe.

Now they keep telling me I can't sign in using my youtube I.D. I must use my google I.D. What friggen google I.D? I don't have one! Right now, the cookie in my browser is the only way for me to get in. Can't do it on another computer. It's really ticking me off.
    Do you have a gmail account?

Banned

NO. I don't have any kind of google account. According to them, the email address I'm using to register my youtube account was also used to register a google account at some point and they are probably right. I don't recall doing it and theres only one possible reason for my not missing that account. Probably found it pointless and useless. Either way, I don't know the google username or password and I can't seem to get it. If I had one, it was more than 9 years ago.

I presume you don't have a blog somewhere on blogger.com, either.

Banned

Afraid not. That's what I'm saying, I'm pretty much S.O.L. They say I have a google account already so I cannot create a new one and keep my identity on youtube, and I tried everything to get them to email the username and password to me, but that's not happening either. So far, my browser still lets me automatically sign into youtube. If it wasn't for that, I'd be locked out. All because the idiots can't leave well enough alone and they keep changing stuff that was fine the way it was.

YT is really circling the drain, it seems. The least they could do, is to have at least some form of user support that involves actual humans.

Not that it matters. Rumor has it that they're phasing the You out of YouTube and moving towards a Hulu-type solution. Eventually. Among the rumors, is that they're going to start removing videos that haven't gotten more than X views in Y months. So far the rumors regarding the changes to the layout and the rating system have turned out to be true. But these are rumors and the "HuluTube" rumor didn't happen last year when it was "supposed to".