Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: What were you doing before Thamnophis?

I was big into insect eating lizards...geckos, anoles, chameleons...but then became allergic to feeder insects. Decided to go back to snakes again (only had my one PI King at the time)...started keeping L.m.thayeri and planned to set up a breeding colony, but as colourful as they were, they weren't out and about and ended up kind of boring me. Then I starting thinking about garters again. Found Alan Francis's site, and then Felzer's and was hooked. At a herp show I then found a poor, emaciated T.s.cocinnus that I bought out of pity. This snake (Turk, my avatar) ignited my old love of garters (my first pet snake was a Manitoba T.s.parietalis)....and while trying to get as much info. on them as possible, I ended up here. I still think about getting into other snakes, but every time I end up comparing them to garters and they just all fall short.
    Roy
    0.1 T.s.pallidulus

"First shed In Progress" SerpentGirl's Avatar

I just bought my Ribbon snake, and I tried feeding him a worm, but he wouldn't eat it, so I did some research, and found that not all ribbons like worms, but they like fish. And after reading a lot, I decided to search for a forum about ribbon snakes in hopes of finding a place that could help me in the future with my snake, and luckily, I found this site!

I just want to say that this is a very nice & friendly site, unlike a lot of them out there. There is no flaming or name calling, just nice people who are helpful & love snakes. It's a nice change from some other sites I used to read!

I also want to say that before here, I wasn't on the Internet as much..

"First shed, A Success" mycolorfulheart's Avatar

I adopted my garter from a friend and was so happy to do so--and then i realized that there's next to no information on them anywhere! whenever i googled any question about garters it'd come up with this site; usually i'm not into forum type websites but i decided what choice do i have?
    haha i'm so glad! this is an awesome site, and I have such respect for everyone on here. you are all very knowledgeable and passionate about your animals! i think it speaks to the awesome nature of the members that most of the posts on here have nothing to do with garters....it's just us wanting to talk.

"Third shed, A Success" ScimitarX's Avatar

I wanted to broaden my knowledge of garters. When i joined i was keeping a few species, but wanted more info on them.

As everyone else has said, i think its awesoe how firendly everyone is and i enjoy being a part it
    Claire

I found this lovely placey from Alan Francis' page when, after a three year break, I caught a massive dose of Garter fever (don't think there's a cure for that yet)
    Keeping - 'Florida blue' sirtalis, concinnus, infernalis, parietalis, radix, marcianus and ocellatus.

Never shed

Hi,

I have been in a pet-forum. But the people there are really special. You can write about every animal there, but I'm not very impressed about the users there. The tread there animals like humans and don't care about there natural live. ("You have at least to keep two cats, a thamnophis needs a tank at least 1,25m long...") And the don't know much about terraristic. In these treat are few users.

I find the address of the thamnophis forum in a book, and I like to read the threats here. I'm a little embrassed, because I've only one male thamnophis.

Basilisk (The King of all Serpents) enigma200316's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
    Hi,

I have been in a pet-forum. But the people there are really special. You can write about every animal there, but I'm not very impressed about the users there. The tread there animals like humans and don't care about there natural live. ("You have at least to keep two cats, a thamnophis needs a tank at least 1,25m long...") And the don't know much about terraristic. In these treat are few users.

I find the address of the thamnophis forum in a book, and I like to read the threats here. I'm a little embrassed, because I've only one male thamnophis.
    no need to be, I'm sure you'll get more sooner or later.......................
    Justin

Quote Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
    I'm a little embrassed, because I've only one male thamnophis.
    No need to be embarrassed, Irina. We actually have a couple of members with no Thamnophis at all! It really doesn't matter, as long as you're interested.
    James.

I agree with James, the number of Thamnophis doesn't matter here, as long as you're interested. We all started from 0.

i was looking up information about garter snakes because at the time i was convincing my family to let me get one. i clicked on the link and found all these fascinating tips and tricks about caring for garters as well as fantastic photos and i immediately joined. Been here ever since and all the detailed information about these animals i picked up from this site made my parents see i had done my research and that i was responsible to get a pet for my own. now i have 4 snakes and working on my 5th one, all because of this great site. it also saved me from being one of those people who sits home and plays videogames all day, now im constantly running out to pet stores to get their every want and need.
    Quadruple Sport Enthusiast
    Wrestling
    Track
    Soccer
    Cross Country