Page 67 of 71 FirstFirst ... 17576566676869 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats cooking?

"Third shed In Progress"

Re: Whats cooking?

I had a litter of 15 live atratus, 2 stills and 1 slug.

Never shed

What species is attratus? Congrats!

Thanks guys! I had something even more exciting than the aztec/San Fran project happen for me last night! May not have produced pearls just yet but I have proven the trait (that I believe to be a visual het for pearl aka co-dom with a super form) to be co-dominant and slightly polymorphic.
    Haven't technically proven them as het pearls yet. (Except for the single visual pearl born last year) Still waiting for the results of fire x fire. But fire x normal resulted in a clutch of 8 fires (white tailed, white tounged, faded coloration) 12 normals. 8 stills 1 dead. of the 9 dead 5 were fires. Only 2 things left for me to prove
    1.-pearl bred to a normal will result in a clutch of 100% white tailed/white tounged babies
    2.- pearl bred to fire will result in mostly pearls born, remaining babies all having white tails and or tounges
    3.- fire bred to fire will result in some pearls born, about half the clutch white tailed/tounged and a quarter of the clutch normal.

Basically on par with the piebald/luecistic genes of any other species. My het Lucy rainbows all have white tipped tounges, my different Lucy morph het ball pythons all have white tipped tounges. And now het Lucy radixs have white tounges.

My family members are really the only ones who give me any flak regarding my theory behind the het pearls. Telling me I'm investing too deeply in a pipe dream. Then again I haven't really gone too public with it until now, that I've at least proven the fires to be co-dominant. But their not snake people and barely understand what I mean when I say het, so I couldn't really expect them to grasp the weight of the evidence the way I do. (Or other people, who weren't offered a sale to begin with have told me they don't think there's merit to my theory, that white tails such as these are common in garters, then proceeded to make offers) but these white tails are not common, I've only seen visual morphs with tails like these. Axanthic and anery to be specific. And lake chapalas. But I suspect the normal blue chapala is in fact a morph anyways.

Now for some pics!...IMG_20180727_155907580.jpgIMG_20180727_160154843.jpgIMG_20180727_160009849.jpgIMG_20180727_160816874.jpg

P.s. it took over 100 shots to get that tounge on camera, sorry I couldn't get a better one

Never shed

Check out this fine piece of tail right here!
    I have 2 female and a male with white tail, won't be til next season when the final test of fire x pearl is conducted. Since my male was only 6 months old... At the end of winter! Lol
    IMG_20180727_165828348.jpgIMG_20180727_160801042.jpgIMG_20180604_100021123_LL.jpgIMG_20180604_100015465.jpg

Never shed

A couple stills. The nicest baby in the whole batch (in my opinion.) Was one of the stills. Has a wierd hole in it's head
    IMG_20180727_142025147_LL.jpgIMG_20180727_142003223.jpgIMG_20180727_130724103_LL.jpg

Old and wise snake

I totally get the white under tail theory of morph. I currently have a line of "anery" easterns that are very very dark on top and have a very white underneath from the vent to the tail tip. Good luck with the project!!

"Third shed In Progress"

Quote Originally Posted by Reedsbreeds View Post
    What species is attratus? Congrats!
    Santa Cruz garters, the single stripe locality.

"PM Boots For Custom Title" BUSHSNAKE's Avatar

Sounds like your pearl morph could be an incomplete dominate trait

Never shed

@zdravko I'm in love with the Santa Cruz's! Are you Tim spuckler by chance? Lol I only ask because he posted some santa Cruz's on fauna within a couple days of your post on here

Thanks Eddie, those sound awesome I haven't seen any anery easterns before, is this something you've been producing for a while, or coming soon? I had a trio of really bright green easterns. Got a pairing to happen, then I trusted a friend to care for them for a while so could focus on my radix projects. Got a call one day that the male died, wasn't able to retrieve the others the same day, next day or two the larger gravid female died, he took it upon himself to attempt emergency C-section. Anyways I got over there to retrieve my last female green eastern before it was too late, gave her some rat pups and t-filet but it was too late. She passed a few days later. The babies he cut out all rotted, every single one of them was green at "birth". and that was the end of my green eastern project! All of my easterns actually. He fed them worms exclusively for 2-3 months. Or didn't feed them at all. Idk at this point I just know I'll never trust another animal in his care... Any species.

And bushsnake I've never been able to differentiate the technical differences between incomplete Dom and co-dom. I know their real differences I just don't know what they are. So I've been going along on the notion that I can call anything with a visual het or marker co-dom for years now.

Old and wise snake

I love green easterns!! I know of a HUGE population of them in up state NY. I also have to defer to Joe on genetic questions. He is very experienced on the subject!!

Old and wise snake

PM me your cell number and I will send you pics. They are co-dom also. Shawn sent me the original male that I had. Now I have a breeder group. They are the coolest morph I have ever had!! Thanks Shawn!!