Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Scott Felzer

Juvenile snake

Re: Scott Felzer

It seems to me that he made sure to shut down all the contacts for his business, which in my mind is a sign he is just trying to get out of the hobby. If there were a true emergency I don't know if he or someone else would take the time to shut everything down. I could be wrong but in my mind there is reason to stay positive.

"PM Boots For Custom Title" Tommytradix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AntTheDestroyer View Post
    It seems to me that he made sure to shut down all the contacts for his business, which in my mind is a sign he is just trying to get out of the hobby. If there were a true emergency I don't know if he or someone else would take the time to shut everything down. I could be wrong but in my mind there is reason to stay positive.
    yes i feel the same. he sold over 75 adults and almost all the females were gravid. dosnt sound like someone who wants to stick around. although his website is still up but no activity on it for awhile

So not to sound uncaring to Scott, because I as well think he is probably just fine. Don are you and your friend the ones with the chunk of his collection that he parted with? If gravid what are you guys hoping to produce and what will be available? Maybe start another thread with plans? And again not to come across as morbid or anything but I checked every possible way that I'm aware of to check the status of obituaries in his state and came up with nothing, so hopefully, probably okay.

"PM Boots For Custom Title" Albert Clark's Avatar

It seems strange to me that he wouldn't let someone know that he is ok? I mean somebody, anybody so at least we wouldn't have to guess about his whereabouts. You know what I mean? Very strange. Even if you wanted to get out of the hobby and sold your whole collection at least let someone know you are safe and ok. IDK.
    Stay in peace and not pieces.

"PM Boots For Custom Title" d_virginiana's Avatar

It is a little weird... If he were getting out of the hobby I'd expect an update on his website or facebook or something saying that's what was happening considering how prominent he is in the garter community.
    Lora

3.0 T. sirtalis sirtalis, 1.1 T. cyrtopsis ocellatus, 1.0 L. caerulea, 0.1 C. cranwelli, 0.1 T. carolina, 0.1 P. regius, 0.1 G. rosea, 0.0.1 B. smithi, 0.1 H. carolinensis

"PM Boots For Custom Title" Jeff B's Avatar

I guess I am surprised that he would not have just told me that he was taking a break from the business or whatever. Last time we texted each other was June 2, which is not that long ago. I can certainly understand wanting to disconnect and take a break, as a person gets a lot of emails, phone calls and texts. I'm just surprised he disconnected with me. Hopefully he will read this and get in touch with me at some point just to let me know everything is OK.

Juvenile snake

I am sorry Jeff. I am new to the hobby and don't truly think I understand what we are losing, but I do know what it is like to lose a friend and respected colleague. In the little time I have enjoyed garter snakes as pets I have started to grasp how much influence Scott had on a very small and close group of hobbyists. I am in no way trying to down play your concern for him.

"PM Boots For Custom Title" Jeff B's Avatar

I appreciate your words. I am actually quite sad/depressed about this, but I understand that sometimes people need to take a break or focus attentions in a different direction, such is life, but I hope that I have not lost a friend permanently.
    Your grasp is correct that NOBODY has done more for the garter snake or the hobby than Scott Felzer PERIOD. We all owe him a debt of gratitude and you can never really know or understand all the reasons a person does what they do and the choices they make because we aren't walking in their shoes, but I hope that if he ever does show back up in the hobby that he is welcomed without judgement and respected for what he is "THE GODFATHER" of garter snakes.
    Certainly I have went a month and a half without having words with Scott over the years, but this is different and I miss him dearly already.

"PM Boots For Custom Title" BLUESIRTALIS's Avatar

I would say at least half of the morphs out here wouldn't even be available if it wasn't for scott! Thanks scott felzer we miss you buddy!
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff b View Post
    i appreciate your words. I am actually quite sad/depressed about this, but i understand that sometimes people need to take a break or focus attentions in a different direction, such is life, but i hope that i have not lost a friend permanently.
    Your grasp is correct that nobody has done more for the garter snake or the hobby than scott felzer period. We all owe him a debt of gratitude and you can never really know or understand all the reasons a person does what they do and the choices they make because we aren't walking in their shoes, but i hope that if he ever does show back up in the hobby that he is welcomed without judgement and respected for what he is "the godfather" of garter snakes.
    Certainly i have went a month and a half without having words with scott over the years, but this is different and i miss him dearly already.
    Bluesirtalis

"PM Boots For Custom Title" Tommytradix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BLUESIRTALIS View Post
    I would say at least half of the morphs out here wouldn't even be available if it wasn't for scott! Thanks scott felzer we miss you buddy!
    i agree and jeff has been a big part of that too