Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Kleos journal.

Re: Kleos journal.

Good looking snake.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

"Preparing For Third shed" Sonya610's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bart View Post
    Anyway, the seller says (in this offer), that those snakes get 120 cm big (LOL!), this speciment is 90 cm long (LOL!), that she was born in captivity (in his breeding, to be precise; never heard about breeding them in captivity), eats frozen fish and pinkies (yeah, right). After a loooong phone conversation, he claimed that she's way smaller (like 60 cm, but I suspect that she's the size of Kleo) and cannot sex her because of his ill eyes (never seen that coming).
    Well at least he admitted he has no clue about the gender of the animal! I think that you probably already know what I think -- the guy is weird and you cannot trust what he says. : )

Yes you want the snake, be prepared to get a new tank/set up if you MUST have it. Otherwise find a suitable companion for Cleo.

"Third shed, A Success"

Well, I suspect that this is a snake, that was shipped to Poland from US along with Kleo by the same guy, who sold me Kleo. He had two snakes in his offer but strangely, after I bought Kleo, other snake disappeared in mysterious way. I suspect that previous owner sold her to this guy and after a month new owner understood that he's not able to keep that snake because of its eating habits (you can see from my posts, that Kleo is really picky). Or maybe he bought her (I think it's a female because she's quite big) cheaper and hope for profit.
    Still, she looks well fed. Way fatter than Kleo, when I got her. Honestly, I'm sorry for that little baby and probably buy her if her price won't get too high.

Well, I suspect that this is a snake, that was shipped to Poland from US along with Kleo by the same guy, who sold me Kleo. He had two snakes in his offer but strangely, after I bought Kleo, other snake disappeared in mysterious way. I suspect that previous owner sold her to this guy and after a month new owner understood that he's not able to keep that snake because of its eating habits (you can see from my posts, that Kleo is really picky). Or maybe he bought her (I think it's a female because she's quite big) cheaper and hope for profit.
    Still, she looks well fed. Way fatter than Kleo, when I got her. Honestly, I'm sorry for that little baby and probably buy her if her price won't get too high.
    Ahhh....okay then. Buy her! Is it an auction?

"Third shed, A Success"

Yes, it is.

Yes, it is.
    If you can contact the seller and throw a wrench into the mix (if this really might be cleo's sister and he might be selling her due to eating difficulties) send an email to the seller and say so. : ) In example you have a similar animal and wonder if they are related, you are so pleased with Cleo etc...

Cannot hurt, won't make your money worth less. : )

"Third shed, A Success"

Well, I don't think that it's Kleos sister (Kleo, not Cleo; I know that in english we say "Cleopatra", but in polish this egyptian queen is reffered as "Kleopatra" and I just changed her nationality and I think it sounds better, way softer; I may be horribly wrong though), because Kleo was caught from the wild. I guess second snake shared her faith and was caught. Kleo isn't small, she's like 50 cm and would be probably longer, but her tail is shortened, maybe because of some predator or shedding problem (I heard that those can cause loss of the end of tail), so she isn't young snake. I dunno how fast they grow, but I doubt she got that big just in few months.

"Third shed, A Success"

Awwwww...
    Just as I put Amon to his cage, Kleo instantly spotted him and was doing everything to get to him. She was sooo desperate and adorable. Wow, those are curious snakes. Lucky for her she didn't. Amon probably wouldn't eat her, not instantly anyway, but house snakes do sometimes eat other reptiles and it's possible this definition contains other snakes as well. Well, better not checking that.

Anyway, here, some pics. Enjoy.

Well, hello there, stranger! - Pokazywarka.pl
    Last edited by Bart; 06-22-2011 at 11:07 AM.

I have a condition! RedSidedSPR's Avatar

hehe, sure he didn't think she was food?

"Third shed, A Success"

No, he just came via postal office and was searching for hideout; he didn't care for Kleo. I just caught this photo like as he's watching her, but he didn't actually, he was on the move. Kleo on the other side was very intrigued. She saw him for sure.

Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast