Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Pied Garters.. Has anyone seen this?

Re: Pied Garters.. Has anyone seen this?

I think no matter what you breed you have to have the right animals at the right time. I bred Ball Pythons for 5 years and they were not always "easy to sell" even when you have the popular morphs. As for Leopard Geckos, I found them a hard sell due to the supply, way too many people breeding them. And thats how I see Ball Pythons now. No one is getting the high prices like they used to, and new morphs are worth a fraction of what new morphs were back in the begining. The first year I hatched pastels was 1999 and they were very hard to sell because people were not that into Ball Pythons yet, and didn't want to drop the big bucks. Same with Garters right now. Give them time. They may not be the next Ball Python, but they are gaining alot of attention in the hobby, and they will become easier to sell as this happens. I have sold quite a few baby Garters this year, just by advertising here, and on fauna.

Anyways, I think this is what Jeff was alluding to when he mentioned how important the piebald morph is for the hobby. The piebald will thrust Garter Snakes into the spot light, and we will see an influx of new people wanting all the species and morphs, not just the pied. Just my two cents..

Quote Originally Posted by Chondro788 View Post
    Anyways, I think this is what Jeff was alluding to when he mentioned how important the piebald morph is for the hobby. The piebald will thrust Garter Snakes into the spot light, and we will see an influx of new people wanting all the species and morphs, not just the pied. Just my two cents..

2 cents and change to spare...

Jeff is not a BS kind of guy, he takes his rep seriously, goes above and beyond to ensure his customers are satisfied with their purchase and he pays close attention to genetics and bloodlines.

People like him are an asset to our hobby.

I have a condition! RedSidedSPR's Avatar

Jeff rocks. Never meant anything against him.

Well said Jason.

Banned

Now lets just see how little time it takes before people are breeding F6 piebalds. It's not like we can pull another unrelated one out of thin air.

"PM Boots For Custom Title" Jeff B's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chondro788 View Post
    Same with Garters right now. Give them time. They may not be the next Ball Python, but they are gaining alot of attention in the hobby, and they will become easier to sell as this happens. I have sold quite a few baby Garters this year, just by advertising here, and on fauna.

Nailed it Jason! Write that down Richard and in a few years you can regurgitate it as your vison.

"PM Boots For Custom Title" Jeff B's Avatar

Oh by the way, Jason your snakes shipped out tonight and I included an extra surprise FREE pair of hypo x green axanthic chicagos ($400 list price)....just because I am so money driven greedy enjoy and good luck with them, hope you prove them out before me....for the hobbies sake....oh wait that would mean I won't be able to quite my day job and be a snake bumb and write garbage on this forum all day long.

"First shed, A Success"

I'm disappointed I never got any sort of reply to the Pied hets ad... Emailed 3 different times, every time he posted that ad I emailed him telling him I would buy them that day and nothing. If you're not gonna reply to emails at least give a phone number or lemme know where to send this carrier pidgeon....
    - Mike
    www.albinomilksnake.com
    Have twitter? Follow me @milksnakeMike

Quote Originally Posted by annulataarethebest View Post
    I'm disappointed I never got any sort of reply to the Pied hets ad... Emailed 3 different times, every time he posted that ad I emailed him telling him I would buy them that day and nothing. If you're not gonna reply to emails at least give a phone number or lemme know where to send this carrier pidgeon....
    Jeff, your AWESOME!!! Can't wait to see the little buggers!!!

Mike, I feel your pain man! I did the same thing, and I am DONE with this guy. I don't care if he offered them to me for $50, I feel he is misleading, and unprofessional. The fact that he would advertise these for $520, then $625, and now $600 is proof this guy is shady. In my opinion, the pied couldn't have ended up in worse hands...

I'll wait for Jeff, Scott, or Don to prove this gene or have some poss hets, and I will go from there. They are the ones who will make this gene thrive, I hope the original guy kept NOTHING from the clutch, as it seems to me we do not need him in this hobby anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff B View Post
    Oh by the way, Jason your snakes shipped out tonight and I included an extra surprise FREE pair of hypo x green axanthic chicagos ($400 list price)....just because I am so money driven greedy enjoy and good luck with them, hope you prove them out before me....for the hobbies sake....oh wait that would mean I won't be able to quite my day job and be a snake bumb and write garbage on this forum all day long.

I have a condition! RedSidedSPR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff B View Post
    See? Jeff rocks.

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast