Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Last Wild Garter of the Year Contest

All you really need is room for it. That is one of the most expensive parts (I think) of caring for snakes. The cage is relatively cheap, Petco sells then gallon tanks for about ten dollars, but the bigger ones are obviously more expensive and will be required. I currently have 2 wild caught animals (garter and anole) and have had many more (praying mantis, more anoles, etc.) and they are and have done fine in cages.
    0.1 Jack Russell Terrier
    1.0 T. sirtalis

Hi all,
    It seems that the "prize issue" and "fairness" are obstacles for the "last wild garter of the year" contest, so let's just make it a competition among friends (no prize).

Be sure to post your stories whenever you find a wild garter for the rest of the year, and you'll receive a well deserved pat on the back (self awarded), and a hearty "at-a-boy" or "at-a-girl" at the end of the year if you win . Good luck,
    Rick

heres one for yas .... 2 1/2 ft eastern garter. caught today 12/06/06 not by me but from my girlfriends father. a short walk in the cemetary and it supposedly crawled out and nearly slithered on his girlfriends foot . he immediately braught it over to me ,it looks like its been feeding good,its very plump a beast of a garter snake , but when he braught it to me it was pretty much freezing out and it was moving very slowly and in half speed . after it warmed up a lil inside its new kickass home he appears ok and more active and curious . the place hes was gettin caught at is getting torn down and all plowed over for grave-room so i will try n breed her with my other eastern garter this year and let her go at a few secluded ponds i go fishing at and hope for the best this upcoming summer
    ****ty camera, once again , but its all i gots