Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hets?

Re: Hets?

I have always been pleased with the hets I get. They always prove out when bred.

"PM Boots For Custom Title" Jeff B's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by snakeman View Post
    Quit being butthurt and making stuff up.there is a reason we never bought anything from you.we know better.I still have three garters.co dominant and het are not the same thing.you know this.yet you still claim they are hets along with your shyster buddy.surprised you even commented without trying to sell something.the one thing I agreed with lingo about is you only show your face when you are trying to sell something.
    You can talk **** out your *** all your want Tom but it doesn't change anything. Your right im not on here all the time, wasting time with small talk and crap like this, it's generally not worth my time, because I actually have a life and am very busy. Taking advantage of people has never even been on my radar nor making money and getting rich with garters. I mean come on, you make it sound like I am a greedy corporate mongrel, lol and all I care about is making money and screwing people over is part of the equation. Most of my customers get free snakes with almost every order, and at the least I give big discounts to those who can't really afford what they want. I lost money for 5 years in a row as a legitimate business, and you accuse me of taking advantage of people or misrepresenting. That is so weak, just plain weak. I am not even a legal business anymore, likely all your bad mouthing trash didn't help sales anyway, nor does it do anything positive for the hobby. Erythristic and flames are not codominant and I have been trying to explain that for years, but you think everything is recessive or codominant like ball pythons and think it's that simple...well it's just not always that simple and actually incomplete dominance or polygenetic or both is more likely what is really going on.

Here is a erythristic albino het snow that I produced 2 years ago as a baby.
    Joe Peck "That not a erythristic albino, that's just a plain albino"
    Tom, "Your are trying to take advantage of new people and take their money"
    Here is what that same exact snake looked like a year later. I would have never guessed that snake would color up like that.
    Attached Images Attached Images

*So a "het."*may not really a het. by strict definition. This can be validated in the example of Dr.Phil Blais's selective line breeding of the flames, just as the*amount of red can be increased thru selective*line breedings, it will be diluted thru outcrossings.

From Garter Snake Morph

i have read this a few times and understand very little but i know from reading that the terms used in the hobby are not 100% accurate by definition but are close enough (from what we know about the garter snake genes which apparently is not a while lot) and is used so not to make new words to confuse people. If I'm wrong with my interruption please correct me, as i have said it all confuses me lol

"PM Boots For Custom Title" BLUESIRTALIS's Avatar

Agreed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thamnophis_Collector View Post
    You may be on to something, but if i had a similar litter I would sell the ones with no red as normals 100% het snow and just let them know its from an ery/flame x snow breeding. Would definitely not call them erythristic or flame hets.
    Bluesirtalis

the red sided giant reptileparadise's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BLUESIRTALIS View Post
    I see what you're saying, but everybody in the whole reptile hobby knows that snow is a combo morph and uses het snow instead of saying het melanistic and het albino so when bred to together you will get albinos, melanistics/anery, snows, or normal possible hets. It just makes it alot shorter and easier, but it still isn't misleading though because when bred together you will get snows if the parents are het for both traits.
    You would suspect that, but people are selling animals as het albino 'trait 1', het albino 'trait 2', het anery, het snow 'trait one' and het snow 'trait 2'... They are making up extra hets to make things look more important.

I just wish everybody in the reptile hobby had a brain.........
    www.facebook.com/crazyreptiles
    welcome ( at ) crazyreptiles . eu

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff B View Post
    Here is a erythristic albino het snow that I produced 2 years ago as a baby.
    Joe Peck "That not a erythristic albino, that's just a plain albino"
    Tom, "Your are trying to take advantage of new people and take their money"
    Here is what that same exact snake looked like a year later. I would have never guessed that snake would color up like that.
    Nobody is arguing this.everybody knows they color up.but if a baby from the litter reaches adulthood with no color, it certainly shouldn't be sold as a "het erythristic"

Definitely not as smart as you look.

Any chance that I could convince you people to calm your tits a little?

Quote Originally Posted by snakeman View Post
    Nobody is arguing this.everybody knows they color up.but if a baby from the litter reaches adulthood with no color, it certainly shouldn't be sold as a "het erythristic"
    who is selling a het erythristic adult?