Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Feeder Guppies

Re: Feeder Guppies

A lot of pet stores are stocking Gambusia (Mosquito Fish), at least in my area.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

"PM Boots For Custom Title" Albert Clark's Avatar

Another thing you can try is to scent the feeding dish and the safe food with minnows and then put in whatever you want to feed in the dish and watch the show. There is something about minnows that is irresistible to most all fish eating reptiles. I just don't feed the minnows proper to my reptiles.
    Stay in peace and not pieces.

Never shed

I’m a little late to the post. I’m in the St. Louis area (Saint Peters, MO) and have no problem finding guppies at PetSmart or Petco. I wouldn’t consider them cheap though based on how often Thams eat. I breed my own now. But I also feed nightcrawlers from Walmart and Sally’s silversides from PetSmart, in addition to F/T mice.

Never shed

Right now I need to figure out how to get her on pinkies. She's too small for whole, so far she's been disinclined to take food that isn't moving even after scenting it, and is too shy to tease feed. For that matter, she doesn't like eating when I'm around at all. I've actually seen her eat maybe twice since I got her.

I may have to try giving her a pinkie in the morning before work and see if she takes it while I'm gone.