Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    "PM Boots For Custom Title" BLUESIRTALIS's Avatar

Re: Thanks for nothing (or: new snake had mites)

If you read my post and mike's post it states that jason told him he thought the mites were cleared up and then he apologised and offered to send provent a mite. What else could he have done in this case if he sent out snakes that he thought was mite free and then he gets a call that the snakes still had mites do you think he should have asked for the snakes back? I feel he did the right thing at that time! Im not taking sides or throwing stones at anyone just saying that the snakes had already arrived to mike's with mites so all he could do is apologise and send some treatment for mites!
    Quote Originally Posted by twgrosmick View Post
    i'm sorry but this is no excuse. I also got snakes in from jason with mites and was told the mite situation was taken care of. It is unacceptable to send snakes with mites under any circumstance. I have had lots of good dealings with jason too but all it takes is one bad one and a few lies to screw all that up.....
    Bluesirtalis

Quote Originally Posted by BLUESIRTALIS View Post
    If you read my post and mike's post it states that jason told him he thought the mites were cleared up and then he apologised and offered to send provent a mite. What else could he have done in this case if he sent out snakes that he thought was mite free and then he gets a call that the snakes still had mites do you think he should have asked for the snakes back? I feel he did the right thing at that time! Im not taking sides or throwing stones at anyone just saying that the snakes had already arrived to mike's with mites so all he could do is apologise and send some treatment for mites!
    If that is an acceptable solution for you so be it but as Mike said... there is no way that he didn't know bagging that snake up that it had mites. Snakes shouldn't be sent out with mites ever and ask Robert or anyone else I sent snakes too. After that whole mite outbreak thanks to Jason I didn't ship anything for months until I was sure that it was completely cleared up. Jason was getting out of the hobby quick and at that point his only concern was moving his animals fast rather than doing it the right way. That is the end of the discussion and there isn't anything else that needs to be said.
    Tyler
    www.checkeredgarter.com

Whoa! Hold your horses there cowboy! I think you and i both misunderstood something here! If you read your post about jason it states that he didn't think the animal had mites so he apologised and then offered to send you a bottle of provent a mite. I simply stated that if that's the case then i feel he did all he could do at that time other then have you send the snake back! And for the record anyone that knows me will tell you that i have very clean animals and have also been in this business a long time with a very good reputation so don't go pointing fingers at me. Im not here to make enemys and i think you took my post the wrong way! I have done shows and rehabilitation on hundreds of snakes with great success and i would say out of all the snakes i rehabbed or bought from shows several of them have had mites and had to be treated so as long as they are treated and my actual collection is clean and mite free that don't say anything bad about me. I am very sanitary with my collection and a very good person to do business with just ask around!

PS. CHANNA SORRY YOUR THREAD GOT HIJACKED AND SORRY THAT THE SHOP DONE YOU WRONG!

Quote Originally Posted by mike_panic View Post
    well buddy if that sounds like a good answer to you....remind me to never ever ever buy a snakes from you!!!! Lol. I have been breeding snakes longer than many of the forum members have been alive probably and i can proudly say....i have never ever ever had a mite. Not once. If you think that mites are simply part of the hobby my friend you and guys like jason need to clean your acts up. What i took out of his response was that he new he had mites and sent them anyway. And my friend, for the record, the snake was covered in mites and there is no way in hell he didn't know it before he put money ahead of what's right and shipped that disgusting animal. So in closing, at least in my world, there is never a valid excuse for mites or disease. I'm actually shocked that you would admit to thinking mites are a part of our hobby. It says a lot about how you keep your collection.
    Bluesirtalis

Never shed

Quote Originally Posted by BLUESIRTALIS View Post
    Well first of all, in the very very few times that a customer wasn't happy or something happened during shipping or whatever, you know what I did? I sent the money back immediately and did whatever I had to do to make it right. And I would never knowingly(and let's be honest here, Jason knew the snake had mites) send a less then PERFECT animal to anyone. It's all about standards my friend. Like I said in my post, based on YOUR response, I would never pick up an animal from you. BaseD on your own words, I already know all I need to know and that is you are not someone I would trust. I actually cannot believe you continue to defend LOW STANDARDS.

Your getting this all wrong! I am not defending anyone here all im saying is the way i understood your post before you cleared things up was that he didn't know the snake had mite's so he apologised and tried to send you treatment for them. I don't think it's right to send snakes out with mites to a customer and especially if the customer is not aware of the problem, but you made it sound like he didn't know at the time the snake had mites!
    well first of all, in the very very few times that a customer wasn't happy or something happened during shipping or whatever, you know what i did? I sent the money back immediately and did whatever i had to do to make it right. And i would never knowingly(and let's be honest here, jason knew the snake had mites) send a less then perfect animal to anyone. It's all about standards my friend. Like i said in my post, based on your response, i would never pick up an animal from you. Based on your own words, i already know all i need to know and that is you are not someone i would trust. I actually cannot believe you continue to defend low standards.
    Bluesirtalis

I am one of the most honest and trustworthy people you will ever meet and would never do anyone wrong so im sorry you feel that way man! I personally strive to take very good care of my animals and my customers as well and have never had a bad transaction to speak of! All of my customers have been and will continue to be very pleased!
    well first of all, in the very very few times that a customer wasn't happy or something happened during shipping or whatever, you know what i did? I sent the money back immediately and did whatever i had to do to make it right. And i would never knowingly(and let's be honest here, jason knew the snake had mites) send a less then perfect animal to anyone. It's all about standards my friend. Like i said in my post, based on your response, i would never pick up an animal from you. Based on your own words, i already know all i need to know and that is you are not someone i would trust. I actually cannot believe you continue to defend low standards.
    Bluesirtalis

I have never dealt with Jason, so I can't comment on him, but Shawn, I have. Shawn really is one of the best! His collection is super clean. I mean everything, not just the snakes. His quarantine practices are top notch. Any new animals doesn't enter his snake room until everything checks out with a clean bill of health, which can take a while. I've seen him rehabilitate animals several times, taking on sick snakes that would be dead in someone elses hands in a matter of days. It's easy to sit behind a keyboard and judge someone. We're all guilty of it, taking a post that we don't agree with and then make assumptions on a persons character. We need more people with Shawn's compassion and dedication in this hobby.
    mike

Never shed

Quote Originally Posted by guidofatherof5 View Post
    Tim,

How are you treating the mites? If I may suggest.

http://www.thamnophis.com/forum/husb...ite-usage.html
    Ill get mixed opinions but ive always used frontline for my snakes it's the only thing ive ever used that actually gets rid and stays rid of them. Tried all kinds of treatments with little or no success... My vet recommended it believe it or not but obviously took no responsibility for it and had to prescribe for the cat.

Pet Info - Suggested protocol for using Frontline in Reptiles - Vet, Vets in Lydney, Coleford and Newnham - Severnside Veterinary Group - 1 Tuthill, Lydney, Gloucestershire, GL15 5PA, 1A Cupola Close, Mushet Park, Coleford, GL16 8RD, The Old Barber’s

THIS IS NOT MY VET!!! Just an article ive found online

I would strongly recommend the Provent a mite. It is specifically designed for reptile.

Pro-Products | Provent-a-Mite
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

Never shed

is it available in the uk Steve?