Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned

Re: This is a rather dumb Question....

This is interesting... It occurs in Canada only on Vancouver Island and is considered critically imperiled and is on the provincial Red List (the highest risk category).

I know that their habitat requirements are very specific and they do not occur in the northwest in any areas of altered habitat. We only find them in pristine intact habitats. They spend a lot of time underground or under debris where they eat slugs and slug eggs. I do believe they are difficult to feed, and will quickly perish if they do not find moist, cool habitats and water. They'll dehydrate and die rather quickly. I hope you find the little guy.

"PM Boots For Custom Title" chris-uk's Avatar

Re: This is a rather dumb Question....

Quote Originally Posted by ConcinnusMan View Post
    This is interesting... It occurs in Canada only on Vancouver Island and is considered critically imperiled and is on the provincial Red List (the highest risk category).

I know that their habitat requirements are very specific and they do not occur in the northwest in any areas of altered habitat. We only find them in pristine intact habitats. They spend a lot of time underground or under debris where they eat slugs and slug eggs. I do believe they are difficult to feed, and will quickly perish if they do not find moist, cool habitats and water. They'll dehydrate and die rather quickly. I hope you find the little guy.
    Based on the underlined bits, I hope the little guy is found and put back where he came from.
    Chris
    T. marcianus, T. e. cuitzeoensis, T. cyrtopsis, T. radix, T. s. infernalis, T. s. tetrataenia