Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hi, I'm New Here!

Re: Found injured garter snake need info on what to do???

His jaw is kinda curled in and to the side his tongue has been able to flicker I put him in fast soaks in water and got him wax worms he looks like he wants to eat he seems to rub his head against the glass hr has no other injuries his stomach had a small scratch but it has since healed it's just his jaw and it cut it mouth on the right side it was stepped on by a guy trying to kill them

Dig up some small earthworm and offer them, you will probably get an immediate response. I think once the snake gets the worm more toward the back of the jaw it will be able to finish eating.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

Hi, I'm New Here!

I've got it wax worms it doesn't have any other injury except the jaw. The mouth got cut a bit in the procedure it's jaw is a bit twisted in and to the side I've given hlm slight water soak as he is too quick to spring out of that but it's tongue flickers back and forth after doing so he's mobile but I haven't seen seen it eat yet so I'm a bit worried

Hi, I'm New Here!

I'm afraid to move his mouth thus hurting it more it's so tiny compared to me it's about maybe 10 inches long I can't open its mouth or touch it jaw without drawing small traces of blood my the skin cut during the process but it's seems to be a fighter it's very mobile still and active it moves around and find it in different spots in the cage daily

A small piece of worm can be gently stuffed in with a tooth pick. There might be some blood but the snake needs to eat at some point. Any chance you have a reptile Vet. that would be willing to look at it? Is there a reptile rehab group near you.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee