Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Morph Timeline

Re: Morph Timeline

Richard, go FoxNews another thread. This thread is a call for information, not a call for trolling & name calling.
    Breeding linages start with one specimen, & garter linages are not 15 years old, so there are going to be many dead ends, the people exploring these genetic possibilities deserve respect, not your GlenBecking manure.

Ric
    T. radix ~ L. t. hondurensis ~ P. reticulata ~ F. catus ~ C. l. familiaris
    ricmartn@gmail.com

"PM Boots For Custom Title" BUSHSNAKE's Avatar

yeh Richard! Ric hes just expressing his opinion, so let him have it, hes entitled

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RicMartin View Post
    Richard, go FoxNews another thread. This thread is a call for information, not a call for trolling & name calling.
    Breeding linages start with one specimen, & garter linages are not 15 years old, so there are going to be many dead ends, the people exploring these genetic possibilities deserve respect, not your GlenBecking manure.
    Please quote any name calling I did recently when talking about this. Please quote any disrespectful posts. I was merely stating there there is no evidence to suggest that either of these traits are genetic, inheritable, etc. That is not a debate. Exploring is fine. Practically declaring that they are morph, with hets, etc, without any supporting evidence is something else altogether.

If you or anyone else wants to get bent out of shape about it, well that's just too bad. It is my opinion that these are not morphs and I stated my reasons why. If you don't think any of the reasons are valid, then that explains why you accept another opinion that they are morphs without any evidence that they are. There's more valid reasons to support that they are not. Does that mean they can't be? Of course not. But until it's proven, they're not.

Let's keep our focus in the timeline, please. Once the info is accurate & up to date, it may even provide us with some answers to our current questions, doubts, and opinions.

So, Richard, can you express yourself with some concinnity as to what would you add, delete or change in the current list, without those pesky judgements that I can't translate into data?

Ric
    ricmartn@gmail.com

How about:

RADIX MORPH & POSSIBLE MORPH TIMELINE

on the top, & we can figure out who's who later on.

Or setting in a different color morphs that are not proven yet.

Or both.

Ric
    ricmartn@gmail.com

Banned

OK then. If the idea is to create a timeline of actual morphs and when they appeared in captive breeding and by what breeder then...

2010: GREEN: Steve Gilfillan

Again, is that a morph? Green is just a normal wild color phase that has always been around. It's not like it's something new that just popped up in 2010.

2010: Red Iowa Albino - Julio

Those have been around for years too. Try to find out when and who because that is not it.

If I recall correctly, the first Red phase Nebraska albino that we know of, was found WC. There's no mention of that.

EDIT: of course, you beat me to the post by a minute and addressed some of this.

Richard, please read my original post. This is a working paper, it will reflect whatever info is supplied to it. Are there any other morphs that you think should be Possible Morphs other than the ones you have mentioned above?

Ric
    ricmartn@gmail.com

Banned

OK. I have brown radix. Want to add that?

As for the Aztecs, I bought a WC female with some of her babies and one of the babies sure looked like an Aztec. A friend of mine bought him, and the snake unfortunately died. I still have the mother though, so we will see if she throws any more Aztecs....

Thanks Jason. I think we will end up with a striped Aztec lineage soon, we know that it is there as a possibility, and we know animals who are likely to carry the gene. I think it's just a question of time.

We can make this timeline very dry and just list currently proven morphs, deleting all the fuzzy, not stablished morphs, but I rather keep the fuzzy info in this list too, so that we can see some patterns at work on future morph possibilities.

Anything that is not regularly available is not well stablished, but I want to know what they are anyway.

Jason, do you have a date, place, name, or photo to go with that Aztec occurrence? I think I've only seen one Aztec photo.

Ric
    ricmartn@gmail.com