Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    I have a condition! RedSidedSPR's Avatar

Re: Disgusted with Animal Planet

I'd like to see it too.

Quote Originally Posted by guidofatherof5 View Post
    I'm just guessing but I bet Animal Planet would never take the side of the baby Harp Seal hunters.
    Exactly. Pisses me off too.

Bonniedale Farm Rescue snakehill's Avatar

In defense of Billy the Exterminator he does catch and release most of the reptiles and mammals that he catches and takes injured animals to a local wildlife sanctuary/hospital. He is a little extreme in his dress according to some people I guess.
    Joanne 0.1 T.radix Jade / 0.1 T.s.sirtalis Jett

"PM Boots For Custom Title" d_virginiana's Avatar

I really miss Steve Irwin. He was the reason I first became interested in reptiles way back in the day. Now it's difficult to even catch a re-run of his old show. I just miss the way you could tell he was legitimately excited to be out there interacting with animals most people never got a chance to. It was like seeing a kid in Disneyworld or something. Nerdy as it is, I still actually keep up with Harriet's birthdays every year
    If anyone doesn't know who Harriet is, go look her up, she's the bomb.

One of the only ones I'm okay with is Jeremy Wade. Even though the premise of his show is to catch a fish, he always lets them go (unless he's hunting with a local tribe that uses it for food) and he seems to actually respect the animals he's going after, even though they fall into the bracket of 'animals that are not cute and cuddly'. That one also does a better job than most of explaining that humans are the reason WHY the giant fish aren't common anymore.
    Lora

3.0 T. sirtalis sirtalis, 1.1 T. cyrtopsis ocellatus, 1.0 L. caerulea, 0.1 C. cranwelli, 0.1 T. carolina, 0.1 P. regius, 0.1 G. rosea, 0.0.1 B. smithi, 0.1 H. carolinensis

Bonniedale Farm Rescue snakehill's Avatar

I really miss Steve Irwin too! I can't watch his reruns! Way to depressing!
    Joanne 0.1 T.radix Jade / 0.1 T.s.sirtalis Jett

"PM Boots For Custom Title" chris-uk's Avatar

He was a truly great Bruce. I visited his Australia Zoo before he got really famous, didn't meet him though, he must have been out wrestling crocs.
    Chris
    T. marcianus, T. e. cuitzeoensis, T. cyrtopsis, T. radix, T. s. infernalis, T. s. tetrataenia

"Third shed In Progress" kimbosaur's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by d_virginiana View Post
    One of the only ones I'm okay with is Jeremy Wade. Even though the premise of his show is to catch a fish, he always lets them go (unless he's hunting with a local tribe that uses it for food) and he seems to actually respect the animals he's going after, even though they fall into the bracket of 'animals that are not cute and cuddly'. That one also does a better job than most of explaining that humans are the reason WHY the giant fish aren't common anymore.
    I totally agree with this. I love that show even though I'm not very fond of fishing. I think what sets him a part is the overall tone of the show. I find that the show is more intended to educate about the species that he goes after than it is about the "hunt." I also like the way he seeks out locals and shares their experiences and stories with us. It's definitely not a "let's catch us some monster fish for the heck of it" attitude.
    kimberly

Never shed

Everyone here should join this group on facebook if you haven't done already
    It was created specifically for the purpose of going against rattlesnake roundups

Makes me wish I had a facebook account.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

I joined this group. I posted the reason that sparked me joining. Hopefully between us here and this group, we can get AP to wake up.
    Kat
    2.2 T.s.pickeringii, 0.4.7 T.ordinoides 1.1 T.marcianus 1.1 T. radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis 1.2 Pseudacris regilla

SCOUSER

Quote Originally Posted by Gene0514 View Post
    Everyone here should join this group on facebook if you haven't done already
    It was created specifically for the purpose of going against rattlesnake roundups
    thanks for pointing me in this direction i have applied to join and will now be able to follow just what is being done about those sickening roundup's and make some contribution to the campaign
    ​I'm not actually a gynecologist...but i'll take a look.