Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: baby snake

Re: baby snake

Quote Originally Posted by Albert Clark View Post
    Also, I was referring to reptIle multivitamins just to be clear. Reptivite is one Tetra fauna also has a brand.
    thanks man ill look online for some if it dosnt come intime i bet the vet will tell me what it is and give me the good stuff

Old and wise snake

I'm glad you gave it a try! If the incision was small it will heal quickly if keep clean. Good luck!!

"PM Boots For Custom Title" Jeff B's Avatar

I would bet this baby snake is crawling upside down from either the breeder treating with mite treatment before shipping out or prophylactic mite treatment upon receiving. If I am wrong I'm wrong, but that would be my guess.

you could be right jeff if so it was from the sender i havent had mites or bought any mite treatment and i hope i never need too its good to kno that they can be dangerous the only time i ever seen it used was by brian on snakebytestv on youtube but it looked safe he took the snake and water out and sprayed the mite stuff not sure what brand but he waited i believe like 15 seconds later he had put the snake back i could be wrong on the time but it was really short witch made me believe it was safe if the snake was put back so fast on the other hand the baby snake dose still move upside down here and there but not as much as it used to so maybe it was caused from some treatment over dose or a vitamin b1 disinfectant diet before i got it anyhow its slowly showing signs of improvement so im hoping one of these days i have a healthy snake without any problems the adult that i cut open also seems to be healing fast and the bump almost all the way gone

"PM Boots For Custom Title" Jeff B's Avatar

good to hear, hoping for full recovery of both animals

"PM Boots For Custom Title" Albert Clark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gartergabe View Post
    you could be right jeff if so it was from the sender i havent had mites or bought any mite treatment and i hope i never need too its good to kno that they can be dangerous the only time i ever seen it used was by brian on snakebytestv on youtube but it looked safe he took the snake and water out and sprayed the mite stuff not sure what brand but he waited i believe like 15 seconds later he had put the snake back i could be wrong on the time but it was really short witch made me believe it was safe if the snake was put back so fast on the other hand the baby snake dose still move upside down here and there but not as much as it used to so maybe it was caused from some treatment over dose or a vitamin b1 disinfectant diet before i got it anyhow its slowly showing signs of improvement so im hoping one of these days i have a healthy snake without any problems the adult that i cut open also seems to be healing fast and the bump almost all the way gone
    That's where most keepers go wrong, putting the animal back into the enclosure to quickly. Also leaving water bowls in the enclosure and or putting them back in too soon. Your baby snake IMHO would have already succumbed to the pyrethrins (neurotoxin) if he was truly exposed. It is safe to wait a full 12 -24 hrs b4 placing the animal back into the enclosure.
    Stay in peace and not pieces.

"PM Boots For Custom Title" Tommytradix's Avatar

i have been using provent-a-mite for almost 3 years and never had a problem. i wait 1-2 hours before putting everything back in and only treat bedding used for adults and sub adults.