Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: Is my set up ok?????

Beautiful snakes! Other than the info already provided for you, I would get a larger enclosure like a 20g long. Lots of room to explore and if you put some tall plants or branches they have room to climb. Garters love to explore and mine love to climb.
    Kat
    2.2 T.s.pickeringii, 0.4.7 T.ordinoides 1.1 T.marcianus 1.1 T. radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis 1.2 Pseudacris regilla

"PM Boots For Custom Title" Light of Dae's Avatar

Nicely done. Just a note, Know that Garter snakes like cold/cool temperature food... I've noticed mine will not eat if the food is room temp or warmer. Something to keep in mind with two totally different snakes, Kings like hot/warm food, Garters like cold/cool.
    3.2 T.Marcianus, 1.2 T.Sirtalis, 1.0 Zacapu, 1.0 T.Radix
    0.1 Banana Cali King Snake
    0.1 BoxerXRottie Mutt

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Dae View Post
    Awesome habit to make! It is not only for the snakes but for you n your son as well... They was something on here about people getting sick from not washing their hands around feeding and such with mice... not good. Washing is Good. lol

Steve knows the thread is around here somewhere... He is kinda like Forum Know-it-all with out being a brassy-know-it-all-in-your-face type of guy... Steve is good snake man.

Was this the thread you were talking about?

http://www.thamnophis.com/forum/gene...hone-call.html

Thanks for your kind words. I must thank this forum for most, if not all I know. The members have taught me a lot.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

"Preparing For Second shed" mark cope's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by katach View Post
    Beautiful snakes! Other than the info already provided for you, I would get a larger enclosure like a 20g long. Lots of room to explore and if you put some tall plants or branches they have room to climb. Garters love to explore and mine love to climb.
    going to put her in a RUB .....just got to shift the furniture in joes room around a bit