Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Cuddles!

Re: Cuddles!

He's really a beautiful snake! Love his coloring. Nothing to worry about with the scar then...probably just an old small injury that healed.
    Marnie
    3.3 T.s.sirtalis 1.0 T.marcianus 1.2 T.radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

"Preparing For Third shed"

Well that is a very big coincidence jade has a scar like that in the same exact spot when I got her she was like that already is this common in snakes or just a really weird occurrence.

very nice color , amazing looking snake
    John !
    " A snake is only as calm as its handler "

0.1 - T.s.parietalis

That is odd. I didn't even know it was a scar - I just thought it was normal. I wonder if it is common.

Thanks I love my snake. I'm hoping to have more someday. They're such beautiful creatures! And so far he's far easier to handle than my lizards ever were.
    Ashley
    1.0.1 T. ordinoides
    Cuddles, Scar

"Preparing For Third shed"

Well I didn't know it was a scar until Marnie pointed it out It does seem pretty odd to me though.

This is my first snake so I don't know much but I want more well more specifically this is my first reptile!

I don't know if coloring has anything do do with it I doubt it but both are snakes are pretty bright and they both have the same looking scars I feel as if this is something to look into.
    John !
    " A snake is only as calm as its handler "

0.1 - T.s.parietalis

"PM Boots For Custom Title" chris-uk's Avatar

Good photos. Good looking snake, I like the red stripe with the muted colours on the sides.

You call that a scar? I'll show you a scar. Just as soon as Vlad has finished shedding, because he's unsettled normally, almost impossible to photograph at the moment. He's got a scar (looks a bit like he may have healed broken ribs as well) about 10cm from his head on his side, it looks like he must have injured himself at some point before we got him.
    Chris
    T. marcianus, T. e. cuitzeoensis, T. cyrtopsis, T. radix, T. s. infernalis, T. s. tetrataenia

"PM Boots For Custom Title" Light of Dae's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EasternGirl View Post
    He's really a beautiful snake! Love his coloring. Nothing to worry about with the scar then...probably just an old small injury that healed.
    Quote Originally Posted by GarterGuy17 View Post
    Well that is a very big coincidence jade has a scar like that in the same exact spot when I got her she was like that already is this common in snakes or just a really weird occurrence.
    Quote Originally Posted by acovert View Post
    That is odd. I didn't even know it was a scar - I just thought it was normal. I wonder if it is common.
    Both my Babs n George have marks or indents like that, I think it's rather normal. I remember as a kid catching a garter snake that was as long as I was tall and holding it n I remember thinking it must have been someones pet, it had had Surgery! lol I had seen my moms scars from c-sections n thought they looks similar. lol

Quote Originally Posted by chris-uk View Post
    You call that a scar? I'll show you a scar.
    LOL Typical man eh? Always gotta have something bigger or better.
    3.2 T.Marcianus, 1.2 T.Sirtalis, 1.0 Zacapu, 1.0 T.Radix
    0.1 Banana Cali King Snake
    0.1 BoxerXRottie Mutt

"PM Boots For Custom Title" chris-uk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Dae View Post
    LOL Typical man eh? Always gotta have something bigger or better.
    I see you've played knifey-spoony before.
    Chris
    T. marcianus, T. e. cuitzeoensis, T. cyrtopsis, T. radix, T. s. infernalis, T. s. tetrataenia

I just noticed it and wanted to make sure it wasn't a current wound. But it is very small...no big deal. Snakes have marks and small little scars and imperfections here and there. Some they may have been born with...or with wild caught garters, surely they scrape themselves on things in the wild and get little injuries that heal up. Nothing to be concerned about. Unless you see an open wound or a swollen/inflammed area that looks like it is infected...don't worry. If you ever have a question about any sort of issue with your snake...just post a pic and ask. @Dae...I forgot to tell you that I read in a book about the odd shaped scales that you had posted pics of before...they are called cleft scutes and they are a common birth defect.
    Marnie
    3.3 T.s.sirtalis 1.0 T.marcianus 1.2 T.radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

The "scar" is teir bellybutton pretty much. They all have them and they heal up when they get older.
    Chantel
    2.2.3 Thamnophis ordinoides Derpy Scales, Hades, Mama, Runt, Pumpkin, Azul, Spots
    (Rest in peace Snakey, Snap, Speckles, Silver, Ember and Angel.)

Yep, what Chantel said.
    Kat
    2.2 T.s.pickeringii, 0.4.7 T.ordinoides 1.1 T.marcianus 1.1 T. radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis 1.2 Pseudacris regilla