Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: show your tank

Re: show your tank

Yeah, i was about to build one as well. Or, to be honest, my colleague at work wanted to build one for me. But I couldnīt wait any longer when I found this one at the local petshop for a good price I like the ease of humidity-control with the Exo-terras, you can easily mist the entire tank and it will have evaporated completely like within an hour. Good for the snake!
    Christopher
    1.0 Thamnophis Sirtailis Tetrataenia
    1.0 Thamnophis Proximus Proximus

"Preparing For First shed"

Re: show your tank

K heres one of mine. Its a standard sterilite 105qt tub I think the dimensions are 32x19x14 or something close to that. They are front loading, stackable, super cheap, and take me an hour to make. the front is glass or acrylic (depending on whatever is cheaper at the time lol) so the clarity is perfectly clear. to make them i literally just screw hinges directly into the tub then silicone the one end of the hinge to the glass and use wing nuts to hold the glass against the tub. to open the tank i just unscrew the wing nut one half turn. to close i just tighten it one half turn. the gapping is really really small just done that way but with a run of silicon around the join makes them totally escape proof. Ive had babies born in these tubs without being able to escape. For lighting if I so choose to do it I create a lamp cage out of hardwire mesh and tie that to the tubs lid. Its fun to do and it provides a good compromise if you cant get ahold of the expensive front loading abs tanks and arent particularly handy enough (or have enough time) to make one of those nice glass enclosures yourself.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    My Garters
    1.2.6 T. Ordinoides
    1.6 T. Radix (1.2 Iowa albino 66het hypo, .4 66het hybino)
    0.1 T. Sirtalis (Melanistic)
    And a whole bunch of non garters that i dont have signature space for lol.