Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    "Preparing For Second shed" Quibble's Avatar

Re: "Anery" Concinnus Arrived!

Quote Originally Posted by ConcinnusMan View Post
    If anything, I think it would be very cool to produce one that is axanthic+amelanistic but retain the orange or red coloring and perhaps some of the blue, if that's possible. Now that would be cool.
    So, no yellow and no black. Just red and blue to finally make the purple thamnophis! lol
    -Beth
    "Do not be angry, Do not worry, Be grateful, Work with diligence, Be kind to people." -Mikao Usui

Banned

Re: "Anery" Concinnus Arrived!

Well, not exactly. Orange spots/sides and bluing on the throat of an albino wouldn't exactly make it purple but I hear that an albino concinnus which is rumored to have existed, had lavender skin in the areas that would be black on a normal. Personally, I have doubts it ever existed due to the tendency for people to call a snake 'concinnus' when it's not, and lack of any pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by aSnakeLovinBabe View Post
    I have one of these... it's not an iowa snow though, the iowa snow is the black anery plains bred to iowa albino...
    Oh. Now I feel stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by aSnakeLovinBabe View Post
    I like the axanthic morph because there is no playing around with "hets" for it, it either is axanthic, or a normal! No waiting an extra generation to produce them.
    At some point I was thinking that's what's going on with these "anery" concinnus since they are anything but few in number within their population. But from what I understand, there are still hets and homozygous, it's just that they look the same. Being het is enough to change the look.
    Last edited by ConcinusMan; 04-22-2010 at 08:41 PM.