Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: herp friends

Re: herp friends

aaaaaaaahahahaha!!!!! Love when that happens!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GarterGuy View Post
    Wow James, I've got to say I'm just the opposite....EVERYONE knows that I keep snakes, hell in my neighborhood I'm known as the snake man. I actually really enjoy "explaining myself" to people, for just the fact that I've found that I can change some of their misconceptions about snakes. Yeh, I still have the people who think I'm a freak, but hey......I AM...HaHaHaHaHaHa!!!!!!!!!! Anyways, I also really don't have any close reptile friends. All my good friends that I have, we get together for other stuff. I've got one buddy that I "converted" several years ago and that's about it. Good thing, a HerpClub started in my area, so now I'm finding new people to talk with and go herping with. And not to be forgotten, all the really cool people I've met here on the forum. I've always liked garters, but being here has really ignited my love of them and gotten me pointed back to the right direction with them. So here's to the freakish, garter lovers of the world!!!!!!
    Roy
    I sort of advertise my hobby. I mean, it's a way to get other people with the same interests to realize that there are others. Hopefully, they'll make contact. And when you're literally shoving a camera in the face of a big pissy adder in front of 15 people how can you NOT advertise it?

By advertising I don't mean doing stupid stunts or even having stuff or clothes with little reptiles. Just by showing interest in them whenever they're under discussion.

I want there to be more of us herp appreciators
    that is not going to happen, unless they get exposed
    that thing at my daughter's school was a total eye opener to me
    not only did it show me how utterly uninformed the average person is about herps, but also how readily they catch the fascination

our new friend from the train hasn't called
    probably lost our number
    rhea
    "you cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus" Mark Twain

"PM Boots For Custom Title" Odie's Avatar

When I was a kid, I would catch them show it to Mom then let them go @ the end of the day My brother was the only one in the famaly the would even touch them. Now Robin/wife has us doing it and I get to keep them

"Third shed, A Success" ScimitarX's Avatar

Quite a few people know we keep herps, especially now weve started up a business and have local customers. Our neighbours kids are always asking to see the snakes, we let them hold the friendlier ones. We onced took some to my step-dads workplace, a residential home for the elderly, as several people there had expressed interest and i think it was enjoyable as we showed them the snakes and explained a bit about them. We are also members of the International Herp Society and go to monthly meetings at our local branch.
    Claire