Page 68 of 97 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast

Thread: Marnie's Snakes

Re: Marnie's Snakes

It was Hamburg somewhere in America (not sure where, east coast?)
    ~* Emily *~
    Canis lupus familiaris- Tippy, Thamnophis proximus orarius- Proximus, Thamnophis sirtalis parietalis- Tallie

"Third shed, A Success"

Crap. :P
    Kleopatra - never forget. [*]; Lamprophis fuliginosus, male - Amon; Thamnophis sirtalis parietalis, male - Izy; Pantherophis guttatus anerythristic, female, Nefretete; Lampropeltis sinaloae - Vita.

Banned

Hamburg, PA.

That confused me the first time too. I thought it was Hamburg, Germany.

That would be awesome though. I'd loooooooooooooove to go to Germany and want to go to a reptile show....Could kill two birds with one stone
    ~* Emily *~
    Canis lupus familiaris- Tippy, Thamnophis proximus orarius- Proximus, Thamnophis sirtalis parietalis- Tallie

Lol...yeah, when Mike first mentioned it...I thought he was suggesting we go to a show in Germany as well. I was like..."Nice to know you are loaded and can afford that...have fun!" ha ha....Bart...I would surely come and visit if I could afford to get over there! Wish I could go to a show in Germany. Yes...those frogs were crazy...if you think they looked fake in the pics, you should have seen them up close! And no snakes were feasting on other snakes lol...sorry about it being hard to see some of the pics...the glare of the lights at the show and the fact that I had to take most pics through containers made some of the pics really poor quality! I did get to pet a baby alligator (he was in the pics) and hold the head of a green anaconda while Mike was holding the rest of him! I was extremely tempted to buy a lavender morph corn snake...one of the prettiest snakes I have ever seen and they had lavender kings too...I actually held one that was pretty friendly. But....I just go for the garters in the end!

There is another show in Hamburg...PA...in August...that I am going to try to get to and take my son this time. I will let you guys know when it is exactly, as that time approaches...if anyone wants to come...Hamburg is near Reading, PA.
    Marnie
    3.3 T.s.sirtalis 1.0 T.marcianus 1.2 T.radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

Seeley just shed another perfect shed. He has never once had a problem with shedding since I have had him, which is interesting given his stump tail. He always sheds fast too...his eyes will cloud up one day and then clear up the next and he will shed that day. The babies ate some trout last night...Little Joe is a fatty fatso right now...I literally had to push him away and take his dish because he was going to explode if he kept eating! Zeus and Perseus are looking pretty plump too. Bella was not interested in the trout...even after I tried scenting it with worms. I really want to get her fattened up...she is a little slim...but her belly does look full after her dish of worms the other night. Sadie enjoyed being hand fed by Mike and me while he was over on Friday. Sammy had some worms the other day too. I was looking at Hermes last night and I can't believe how big he has gotten. Mike also got to witness Possum doing his crazy upside down and sideways slithers! Lol. Everyone is doing well today...I think Little Joe is looking for more trout! Lol...
    Marnie
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

Banned

Shannon (aSnakeLovinBabe) sometimes frequents the hamburg show. She lives only 45 min away. I think since the baby was born, she isnt going anymore.

EDIT: I guess she did try to get a table there for her clay snakes, but couldn't. Then she went and they had tables there filled with remote control cars and crap. Boy is she pissed. I would be too. That flea market crap doesn't belong at a reptile show.

Yeah...Mike and I looked for her but we couldn't find her. Was hoping to meet her and buy some of her jewelry.

Feeding little Bella some worms this morning since she had no interest in the trout I offered her yesterday. She loves her worms. She also likes to musk me...but she is the sweetest, most docile snake.

I think Cee Cee might have another respiratory infection. She was doing that gagging thing again and I noticed some foam in the back of her mouth when she did it. I don't hear any wheezing though. Other than that, she seems active and alert...and she is eating again. I will just have to keep an eye on her. It might have something to do with the substrate again...this last batch of aspen I bought has a strong wood smell to it. Does anyone else notice their aspen having a wood smell? The smaller shavings that I bought did not have a smell...but they were very splintery...so I bought bigger shavings.
    Marnie

Thanks for the great update! Vid and pics of the show are awesome. SOOOoooo many cool reptiles and buggy things out there. How much was a black widow spider (my son wants to know)? He enjoyed the video very much, I think this will be in heavy rotation for awhile. "Play it again, play it again!"

Banned

Dude, I squash dozens of black widows at home in San Bernadino county, CA. They're everywhere. Especially in the fall. If you really wanted one, then I wouldn't suggest not buying one like that one pictured. She's near the end of her life.

At home I see them with white, orange, yellow, and red hour glasses on them which are sometimes reduced to just two little triangles instead of a complete hour glass. Sometimes the hour glass isn't even there. In Bakersfield, CA I've even found Brown widows and albino black widows.

Honestly, I think it's irresponsible to bring them into states where they don't live natively. It might even be illegal, or it should be. There's really no way to contain those tiny babies once they hatch. They will get loose, and let us not forget that they are quite capable of killing an adult within hours of biting you, even if you go to the hospital. There's nothing they can do for you if you've already received a fatal dose. you'll be dead in 3-5 hours from respiratory arrest.

With all that said, I've kept them before. They're actually quite docile and not apt to bite unless they are guarding eggs.