Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Funny garter behavior

Well, he seems to be pretty happy. He has derpy little eyes, and they seem to be pretty expressive. You can sort of see when he's 'happy' and when he's not. Food makes him happy, he goes walleyed and his eyes brighten up. Its really just the most adorable thing you'll ever see...
    Chantel
    2.2.3 Thamnophis ordinoides Derpy Scales, Hades, Mama, Runt, Pumpkin, Azul, Spots
    (Rest in peace Snakey, Snap, Speckles, Silver, Ember and Angel.)

"Preparing For Fourth shed" snake man's Avatar

You should make a video or something of him i would like to see this.
    0.1 Red axanthic x red radix

"Preparing For Second shed"

Ummm... I'd say 80% of my garters play peek aboo. 10% play "I AM WATCHING YOU-PICK ME UP!" by *pacing* back and forth at the front when I come into the room. the other 10% just plain hide. they are all adorable.

I have tried explaining to people that they do like to watch what they do, so DON'T cover the enclosures with a towel/blanket. (I'll do that if it needs to be done.)

Juvenile snake

My 2 adults seem to play hide and seek after time out of their cage when I return them to it, especially if I change things up while they were out. They go around an explor it, then look at me, waiting for me to establish eye contact, at which point they'll move around to another place, stop and look at me, and so on.

They really are funny. I also like changing the cage up every week or so, when I do I sit there and watch Lucy explore every inch of it.

I'll try next feeding, the only problem with that is I have to hold him in one hand and the food with the other. I'm not really aure if I can set it somewhere where you'd be able to see him.I'd use my webcam but it seems to be really... iffy? I guess... It cuts out, randomly goes to grayscale and keeps adjusting the exposure. Dunno whats wrong with it. I wont be able to buy a new one until... probably February.
    Chantel
    2.2.3 Thamnophis ordinoides Derpy Scales, Hades, Mama, Runt, Pumpkin, Azul, Spots

Unfortunetly I am not an expert at web cams. Do you have a tripod or something that can be used as a tripod?

Nope, my camera was a cheap thing that I was just going to use to take pictures of my niece and nephew, so I never bothered buying one. Nor did I have the money for even a cheap one.
    Chantel

None of my guys really like to be picked up, they all still freak out. They're still pretty young. However, they have definitely calmed down and learned to beg! My two red sideds peek out and watch me until i feed them, and my two wanderings are still fairy little so they will come out and go searching. I think they've just realized i am the bringer of food, though *lol* All of them are terrible climbers, except the one anery red sided. She's taken to sitting on the top of any branch...she looks like an ATB!
    Melissa
    31 snakes, 14 species. Various other critters, 3 emperor scorpions, 1 cave spider, 19 tarantulas, 1 gecko, 2 dogs, 1 frogs, 1 rat. 1 pigeon, tons of fish.

My snake also does the peek-a-boo behaviour. I just try not to do the "boo" part of it I don't like scaring him
    ~* Emily *~
    Canis lupus familiaris- Tippy, Thamnophis proximus orarius- Proximus, Thamnophis sirtalis parietalis- Tallie