Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fraud!!!!!

Banned

Re: Fraud!!!!!

disregard this post

Fraud.....prevented...

Yes Stefan, this is the last installment. <br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; However, I did promise everyone a follow up this week as to what basically happened, or would have happened...<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Well, a summary was that this seller missed the first promised shipping date and the second promised shipping date, without calling or emailing me! There was also no communication by phone nor email for over a week! None of my calls nor emails about the shipments were ever returned. All this happened, of course, after the money order (be careful) was "rushed" (by seller's request) to this seller! Wouldn't you all be worried?<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I have been buying and selling snakes for over twenty years and this has never happened. People aren't who they use to be. What is happening to the world???<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Anyway, the seller finally resolved the issue and the snakes were sent. However, the seller did have the nerve to send me a profane, degrading note (in the forum) saying that I should "lighten up" and not worry so much. Maybe the seller should have "manned-up" and been more professional and responsible....

Fraud...prevented...

Yes Stefan, this is the last installment. <br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; However, I did promise everyone a follow up this week as to what basically happened, or would have happened...<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Well, a summary was that this seller missed the first promised shipping date and the second promised shipping date, without calling or emailing me! There was also no communication by phone nor email for over a week! None of my calls nor emails about the shipments were ever returned. All this happened, of course, after the money order (be careful) was "rushed" (by seller's request) to this seller! Wouldn't you all be worried?<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I have been buying and selling snakes for over twenty years and this has never happened. People aren't who they use to be. What is happening to the world???<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Anyway, the seller finally resolved the issue and the snakes were sent. However, the seller did have the nerve to send me a profane, degrading note (in the forum) saying that I should "lighten up" and not worry so much. Maybe the seller should have "manned-up" and been more professional and responsible....

Fraud...prevented...

"PM Boots For Custom Title" chris-uk's Avatar

Re: Fraud...prevented...

Glad you finally got your snakes. But duplicating the same post three times in different sections of the forum is a little much.
    Chris
    T. marcianus, T. e. cuitzeoensis, T. cyrtopsis, T. radix, T. s. infernalis, T. s. tetrataenia

Glad everything worked out and it only took 11 or 12 threads. I doubt anything was actually prevented, though.

I really don't want to see another thread like this one, from anyone, about anyone. Sort it out for yourselves from now on, but above all, start communicating.

Seeking advice is still fine, but don't do it under false pretenses.

Banned

I think it could have been handled better. There were mistakes on both ends of the deal. I'm with Stefan on this one though. These things shouldn't be posted here, but taken care of in private. Thats the reason why replies are not allowed in the for sale/trade section. Only PM's are allowed and threads like this one are the reason for that.

My bad about the money order thing, Richard. I had no idea that they offered a refund if you don't receive goods. I thought they worked differently.
    Marnie
    3.3 T.s.sirtalis 1.0 T.marcianus 1.2 T.radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

Quote Originally Posted by ConcinnusMan View Post
    I think it could have been handled better.
    Yes it could have, maybe returning a call or replying to an email, maybe delivering the snakes as promised would have been a great start...

Quote Originally Posted by ConcinnusMan View Post
    There were mistakes on both ends of the deal. I'm with Stefan on this one though. These things shouldn't be posted here, but taken care of in private.
    From what I can tell, Journeyfan did try to take care of this privately, but the "mystery seller" refused to answer...

This "mystery seller" has a long history of not being prompt with shipments.

Moral here - anyone who advertises snakes, services or goods should be fully prepared to make shipment promptly, or refrain from advertising.