Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Worm Feeding

"PM Boots For Custom Title" chris-uk's Avatar

Re: Worm Feeding

Quote Originally Posted by channa View Post
    Got the fish from the store i bought my snake from they just said it's what we feed ours. As always if im not sure i like to check before i do anything and glad i did. The worms i was told again,it's what they feed theres so just shows how little these people that are selling these animals know. Thanks Steve have ordered 100 lobs should be here this week. Is it best to feed the worms along side fluffs,and put some trout fillet in now and again? It's just taken a fluff without hesitating.
    You'll find that even reputable shops that sell garters know bugger all about caring for them. I went into a shop the other day and was told that they didn't keep garters because they are considered a advanced snake due to their fish diet, and feeding fish put new keepers off keeping them. And this is a shop run by people who claim to have been keeping reptiles themselves for decades. Other shops have told me that garters eat crickets.

As Steve said, a varied diet is good. It sounds like you're on the right lines now.
    Chris
    T. marcianus, T. e. cuitzeoensis, T. cyrtopsis, T. radix, T. s. infernalis, T. s. tetrataenia

"PM Boots For Custom Title" d_virginiana's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chris-uk View Post
    I went into a shop the other day and was told that they didn't keep garters because they are considered a advanced snake due to their fish diet, and feeding fish put new keepers off keeping them. And this is a shop run by people who claim to have been keeping reptiles themselves for decades.
    Thawing frozen silversides IS pretty complicated.
    Lora

3.0 T. sirtalis sirtalis, 1.1 T. cyrtopsis ocellatus, 1.0 L. caerulea, 0.1 C. cranwelli, 0.1 T. carolina, 0.1 P. regius, 0.1 G. rosea, 0.0.1 B. smithi, 0.1 H. carolinensis

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by chris-uk View Post
    I went into a shop the other day and was told that they didn't keep garters because they are considered a advanced snake due to their fish diet, and feeding fish put new keepers off keeping them.
    It's true. They do sell savannah monitors though. Those are a much better choice for reptile beginners and all you need is a 20 gallon setup they said. They do also sell ribbon snakes. Way easier than garter snakes. Someone working at Petco even said so.

"PM Boots For Custom Title" d_virginiana's Avatar

Oh, and don't get me started on how easy pacman and white's tree frogs are to care for. They don't need extra heat or humidity, they eat mealworms, and you can house them with a buddy so they don't get too lonely.
    And that's why you sign that sheet of paper saying that if the animal dies within two weeks you get a refund.
    Lora

3.0 T. sirtalis sirtalis, 1.1 T. cyrtopsis ocellatus, 1.0 L. caerulea, 0.1 C. cranwelli, 0.1 T. carolina, 0.1 P. regius, 0.1 G. rosea, 0.0.1 B. smithi, 0.1 H. carolinensis

Banned

They probably have it down to a science. They put time limits on how long they can be in the store and they know it will take at least 3 weeks at home to die if you follow their care advice.