Hi, I'm New Here!

Sirtalis all of the sudden went off feed. Need a little help.

So my female eastern, who I have had for almost 3 months now, just decided to go off feed out of nowhere. She was eating pinkies, and earthworms, which I alternating, as well as offering together certain feeds as well. Never had an issue up until this point. Heat and humidity are great. She has had 3 perfect sheds so far. She's only been off feed for 9 days so far, so I'm not worried yet. I'm just looking for answers and possible solutions because this is my first garter. When my bp's go off feed, that's normal for me. Just not super familiar with garter behavior fully yet. I'm estimating her at maybe 6 or 7 months. Maybe more but again I'm not real familiar with garters yet. She ways 30 grams and 18 inches long or so, maybe a little longer. If that makes a difference. Thanks in advance.

Re: Sirtalis all of the sudden went off feed. Need a little help.

Garters can and do go off food from time to time. How have her poops been?color and appearance. What are your temps? cool side and warm area? How are you heating? a couple photos would be great of the snake and your set-up. Thanks.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

Hi, I'm New Here!

I'm using a heat lamp. Cold side is 81 degrees, hot side is 86. Poops have been pretty solid due to the mouse diet. I don't pay attention to the color much but it's normally darker colored with a little white. I have a uth also, but she doesn't seem to need it. Plus all things have been the same since the time I got her. She just up and stopped eating. Humidity ranges from 60-70% during the day.

Hi, I'm New Here!

I can post a pic later but I'm heading to a reptile expo

"PM Boots For Custom Title" Albert Clark's Avatar

Could be a matter of its desire for different prey/ food items. Was she captive bred or wild caught? Also could be the internal clock turning on for brumation. Could also be parasitic / illness. Try offering some different food and space out the offerings past your usual scheduled feedings.
    Stay in peace and not pieces.

Did you try some fish? F/T Salmon, trout, tilapia or some live feeder guppies or mollies.